Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry Architects is a nationally recognized architectural, engineering and consulting firm. Its national presence has allowed us to serve a wide variety of clients throughout the country. Currently we have an opening for an Entry level Interior Designer with demonstrated expertise in Government, Corporate Commercial and Healthcare building types to join our Fairfax, VA office. Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they are able to collaborate on single or multiple interiors projects under the supervision of a registered interior designer for all phases of design. Assist with generation and documentation of programmatic and visioning requirements. Develop and update space plan concepts. Select and coordinate FF&E, color palettes, material selections, furniture systems and specifications. Provide project team coordination for the drawings, specifications and materials. Prepare contract documents and interact with consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives. Review work of consultants for coordination purposes. Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and samples and assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination. Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Interior Design and/or Architecture degree from an accredited University is required.
- Prior relevant experience in an Interior Design Firm is preferred.
- Ability to obtain State license and a NCIDQ certificate is required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit (BIM), SketchUp and other modeling programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications.
- Strong visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Understanding of all phases of interiors projects, including programming, design, documentation and construction administration.
- Some technical knowledge of building codes, construction materials, and construction techniques and willingness to be mentored on these items.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles and interest in obtaining LEED Accredited Professional or Green Globes credential is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- A design portfolio demonstrating interior design experience will be required.