Computer Programmer II - 1499
7 days left
- Full Time
The MIL Corporation seeks a Computer Programmer II to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD location.
• Initial assignments are designed to develop competence in applying established programming procedures to routine problems
• Perform routine programming assignments that do not require skilled background experience, but require knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements
• Perform work according to clear-cut and complete specifications; the data are refined and the format of the final product is very similar to that of the input, or is well defined when significantly different, i.e., there are few, if any, problems with interrelating varied records and outputs
• Maintain and modify routine programs, make approved changes by amending program flow charts, developing detailed processing logic, and coding changes, tests and documents modifications and writes operator instructions, may write routine new programs using prescribed specifications, and may confer with EDP personnel to clarify procedures, processing logic, etc.
• Evaluate simple interrelationships in the immediate programming area by conferring with user representatives to gain a sufficient understanding of the situation to formulate the needed change, and implement the change upon approval of the supervisor or higher level staff
• Work from provided charts, narrative descriptions of the functions performed, an approved statement of the product desired (e.g., a change in a local establishment report), and the inputs, outputs, and record formats
• Review objectives and assignment details with higher level staff to insure thorough understanding; use judgment in selecting among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise
• Work is usually monitored in progress, and all work is reviewed upon completion for accuracy and compliance with standards
• HS/GED and working towards completing the following certifications: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), etc.
• 3 years of experience, to include: Software Design, and Development
• 1 year of programming experience with "Specific Project" programming languages; experience may be concurrent
• Top Secret SCI clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP