- Full Time
Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a health care consulting firm based in Vienna, Virginia, in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The work of our principals has influenced numerous public policy decisions, and appears in legislation and regulation. Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement, and evaluate equitable payment methodologies in support of value-based purchasing. We apply decades of staff experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques in order to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses are rigorous and objective, and make use of a variety of public and private-sector data sources.
We are seeking candidates with experience related to our mission to fill a Scientist position, with specialized experience as an econometrician or statistician. Candidates must have a post-graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, operations research, or similar math heavy field, with a minimum of three years of experience utilizing complex databases and performing statistical analyses. The candidate must be highly skilled in research design, simulation modeling, and statistical methodology, including multivariate techniques, with the capacity to develop and execute high-quality, complex, multi-method evaluation designs.
Our clients include government agencies, associations, health care providers, bundling demonstration sites, device manufacturers, law firms, and industry-leading consulting firms.
The chosen candidates will possess working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid policy, including payment systems and coverage determination.
Key responsibilities for the Scientist position include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting data-driven studies and applying quantitative analytic methodologies (e.g., advanced regression analyses, propensity scores, etc.)
- Providing research, analysis, and consulting support for work related to health care policies and programs, to include program evaluation, statistical and economic analysis and modeling, predictive modeling, policy research, and health care workforce analysis
- Synthesizing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, producing concise client reports
- Working with clients to design and write study protocols, reports and publications
- Interacting with clients and providing client presentations
- Working with large datasets and develop key statistics for health care utilization and payments
- Assisting project teams in the design, drafting, and implementation of study protocols, evaluation methods and modeling
- Manipulating extensive health care claims and other data sets to provide analytic files and statistical outputs
- Modeling Medicare and Medicaid payment systems
- Writing technical proposals
Valued skills and abilities include:
- Familiarity with health care claims and survey data (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid and commercial claims, national survey data)
- Experience with complex database construction and analysis using statistical software such as SAS, STATA required. SAS certification a plus
- Strong math skills and experience applying multivariate statistical techniques
- Knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicaid policy, including payment systems
- Experience in proposal and technical writing, project management, client communication, and presentation skills
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with government contracting a plus
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, and a retirement plan with company match. The company provides lunch every day on site, a fully stocked kitchen, free parking, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your salary requirements.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Scientist (Econometrician/Statistician)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly