IT Database Administrator
IT Database Administrator
The Universities at Shady Grove—Rockville, MD
Duties and responsibilities:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) is seeking to fill the position of IT Database Administrator. The position will primarily be responsible for monitoring and providing maintenance and operational support of USG’s entire collection of databases and data infrastructure. Additional objectives and responsibilities include maintaining reliability, stability and data integrity of USG’s databases and data infrastructure. Provide support in administration, backup, and security for all databases and data infrastructure campus-wide. Responsible for database management tasks such as Database Management System (DBMS) upgrades, patching, and custom interfaces, and troubleshooting. Continually assess, improve, and optimize USG’s current database environment and infrastructure.
Additionally, the IT Database Administrator will help or assist senior members in OIT’s Information Support Services (ISS) team with design, configuration, and maintenance of the databases as well as participate in projects of varying size and scope.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree required in a Database Administration/Management or related IT field.
- 3 years’ experience as a Database Administrator in a SQL Server environment (SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher)
- 2 years’ experience in SQL Server security best practices
- 3 years’ experience using Transact-SQL
- 2 years’ experience with database monitoring & diagnostic tools
- Industry-related certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MCDBA, etc.)
- 1-year experience with SQL Server database development/programming
- SSIS package development, deployment and management
- SQL Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and implement solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually
- Knowledge of database queries, theory, modeling, and design
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and higher including database management and maintenance
- Knowledge of SQL and T-SQL
- Knowledge of database performance management and tuning
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery
- Knowledge of database and information security techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of database storage management and techniques
- General understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher and Windows based PCs
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/59420
This position is located in Rockville, MD.
Benefits offered: The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.
The salary for this position will be in the low to mid $80,000’s.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.