Project Construction Administrator (CA)
Join DC’s best firm for Multi-Family Interiors (well, that is what our over 500 awards tell us, but we agree). Carlyn and Company Interiors + Design is a creative, steady and team-oriented Interior Architecture and Interior Design firm, specializing in dynamic interiors for multi-family buildings.
The Project Construction Administrator (CA) is a key team member, whose primary responsibility is to support field construction activities by processing information, interpreting drawings & technical specifications, and controlling all aspects of contract administration. This position will work on and is primarily responsible for providing administrative and organizational support for the construction team. Position will report directly to a Project Manager.
Specific duties include:
- Processing contract documents including RFI’s, change orders, submittals, subcontracts, and general communications
- Manage the contract administration requirements for multiple projects at once
- Update drawings using CAD and/or Revit to answer RFIs and Submittals.
- Attend all site walks during construction to ensure Framing, Rough-ins, Electric, Mechanical and Finishes are being installed as designed and specified.
- Coordinate with PM with forced design and finish changes.
- Identify and resolve design conflicts and missing information by responding to pre-construction RFI’s
- Researching product data when necessary to issue to subs
- Communicate and coordinate with production team about delivery and install schedules.
- Responsible for analyzing, monitoring, review and answering submittal packages, RFIs and written correspondence, etc.
- Maintaining a library of hard copies and electronic files (contract drawings, shop drawings, etc)
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of contract documents including subcontracts, plans and specifications.
- Attend all pre-installation, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
- Min. 3 years experience with construction contract administration to support the Project Manager, Supervisor and project requirements
- Background in Architecture, Interior Design or Construction Management
- Required to keep accurate records and logs in orderly system and maintain job files
- Must know Revit and AutoCad for CA related drawing revisions.
- Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Access
- Adobe Professional
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be familiar with construction administration procedures and requirements
- Must be capable of organizing and processing large amounts of verbal & written information in a timely manner
- Must be capable of reviewing & understanding technical specifications and construction drawings
- Strong writing & verbal communication skills
- Responsible to interface with PMs, Supers, Subcontractors, Architects, MEP and Clients with professionalism
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment and grow the company
- Experience in reviewing shop drawings, RFIs and submittals.
- Familiar with Procore, Newforma or similar programs.
Job Type: Full-time