Litigation Paralegal - Long-Term Temporary
TEMPORARY LITIGATION PARALEGAL / LAW CLERK
Mid-size general practice firm in DC has an immediate need for a long-term temporary litigation paralegal for 5-6 months to assist attorneys in all aspects of the discovery phase for numerous cases scheduled for trial.
Duties include, but not limited to, assisting attorneys with preparation hearings and numerous depositions, preparation of notebooks, preparation and review of documents and assistance with court filings. Candidate will assist with several cases that involve numerous parties and must be experienced with managing multiple cases and deadlines. Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of litigation experience and flexibility for overtime.
· Draft routine legal documents
· Manage multiple cases from start to trial.
· Collect documents from various sources
· Manage and organize medium and large case document collection and productions.
· Review and analyze documents
· Assist with preparation of depositions, including gathering and organizing exhibits.
· Assist with trial preparation: assist with pretrial documents (deposition designations, exhibit and witness list, organize exhibits, files and other supporting documents.
· Assist during trial: manage exhibits, assist with witnesses and any other duties associated with trial.
· Strong knowledge of local and federal rules.
· High level of experience with litigation software, including, but not limited to, Relativity, CaseMap, Trial Director.
· Conduct various document searches and factual research
· Experience in all phases of the litigation process
· Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects for several attorneys
· Ability to search database programs and assist with organizing, summarizing and/or categorizing documents.
· Experience preparing for trials and/or arbitrations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
· Adaptable to changing priorities; flexible
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of firm personnel, clients, other counsel and vendors.
· Ability to troubleshoot issues and create solutions
· Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Paralegal Certificate (required) with Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
· Minimum 2 years’ experience as a litigation paralegal.
Metro accessible; competitive hourly rate.
Please submit resumes in Word format to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Litigation Paralegal - Long-Term Temporary
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly