About our Firm: Founded in 1938, WDG is the longest standing firm in the District providing architecture, planning and interior design internationally. Our market sectors include commercial office, multifamily residential, hospitality, higher education, senior living, government, interiors, and mixed-use projects. Our firm fosters diversity and demonstrates community.
About the Position: We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated Marketing Coordinator to join our team! Our Marketing department is responsible for three significant firm efforts: business development, project pursuits, and elevating our presence as a leader in the real estate community. Our role is to clearly define the significance of the firm’s projects, processes, leadership, and overall vision. We achieve this through consistent messaging, brand implementation, and a structured workflow. Each of us directly influences the firm’s success; therefore, all efforts rely heavily on effective communication, accountability, dedication, and a strong commitment to our initiatives.
If you are passionate about business growth, communication, and taking ownership of your role, you could be part of a very talented, dynamic team. Your responsibilities would include writing assignments, such as proposal narratives, project descriptions, case studies, leadership bios, and firm processes, as well as content and database management. You will stay current on evolving documents while proactively engaging leadership to gather information. You will also be responsible for proposal submissions, presentations, and qualifications packages. This demands excellent project and time management skills, and the ability gather supporting materials from consultants and in-house personnel while under strict deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of assigned proposals, qualifications packages, and presentations
- Writing assignments include proposal narratives, project descriptions, case studies, leadership bios, firm processes, award submissions, and occasional blog posts
- Design Marketing and Business Development graphic documents (displays, boards, advertisements, invitations, brochures, mailers, etc.)
- Managing and maintaining project database and client mailing lists
- Routine management and updates of all templates including project pages, proposal boiler plates, and resumes
- Maintain and update website and social media
- Attend networking events and conferences as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Marketing)
- Must have 2-5 years of work experience in marketing, journalism, graphic design or related field. Ability to exhibit excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign), Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook (this is a must, no exceptions!). Graphic Design experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work alongside leadership; adaptive writing style to reflect firm’s voice and vision.
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to collaborate with a diverse team.
- Creative, self-motivated team player, committed to great design.
- Experience with proposal submissions; within the architecture/engineering/construction industry a plus.
- Implementation of workflow processes a plus.