SENIOR IT SPECIALIST, CG-2210-14
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation is authorized.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the 14 grade level in the Federal service providing strategic direction and management of the development and deployment of enterprise information technology solutions, delivering business solutions with cloud and user experience design, developing, implementing, integrating applications, and implementing cloud-based environments and solutions (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) to enhance business capabilities.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information,click here
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of applying principles, concepts, techniques, and methods in planning initiating IT projects recommending alternative solutions to meet current and future requirements in operating and cloud computing environments.
2. Knowledge of cloud computing with developing, migrating, and adopting commercial cloud services.
3. Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to perform cost/benefit appropriate analyses.
4. Ability to communicate and work with technology vendors to perform market research price comparisons, and other research.
5. Knowledge of business process re-engineering, business process modeling using industry standard notation, and analysis, integration of IT application systems services, and platform with cloud products.
6. Knowledge of applying cloud enterprise architecture principles during the planning and deployment process.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here.