Program Administration Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Salary starting in the upper 40s; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Housing Services Coordinator
Housing and Residence Life is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the Housing Services Coordinator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Housing and Residence Life is an auxiliary organization within the University Life unit of George Mason University. HRL employs over 170 full-time and graduate staff members and over 350 undergraduate student staff members, and is committed to provide a safe, well-maintained student-centered environment that is innovative and inclusive of the global community. It is dedicated to creating a home that enriches the experiences of our students, staff, and faculty.
The Housing Services Coordinator (HSC) is a classified professional staff member responsible for the occupancy management and oversight of the day-to-day operations and administrative procedures of their assigned area. This position is responsible for administering initial housing assignment, and processing room changes and agreement releases. In addition, they must insure excellent customer service for parents, current residents and prospective resident students by providing an environment that is student-friendly and professional.
The position fulfills four primary areas within the office. Responsibilities fall into the categories of occupancy management, billing and special populations, office management/customer service, and administration/special projects.
- Administer the assignment and billing of residential students utilizing the occupancy management database. Note: HRL is currently using Residential Management System (RMS), but is in transition to utilizing StarRez by Fall 2018.
- Work closely with residents to inform and direct them with regards to space offerings, processes, and timelines.
- Maintain accurate records regarding the occupancy of assigned area. Includes, but not limited to, maintaining current housing rosters, occupancy reports and updates, and other reports as determined by the HRL leadership.
- Coordinate the Room Change Process throughout the academic year. Includes, but not limited to, working with students, HRL Residence Life staff, and HRL Facilities Staff to ensure accurate student moves.
- Coordinate and implement housing offers and assignment communication to incoming residential students.
- Administer occupancy verification for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the annual Housing Selection process for new and returning applicants. Billing and Special Populations
- Administer financial changes resulting from room changes, new contracts, deposits, and agreement releases.
- Oversee the collection process of Housing Selection deposits; interact with HRL IT and administrative staffs to ensure data, systems, and proper accounting are in place to create proper billing to residents.
- Work with students, parents and staff to resolve billing questions. Maintain positive relationships with other University departments.
- Assist in the coordination and communication with other special populations and priorities as determined by the University.
- Update the occupancy management system to reflect Board approved housing rates. Office Management and Customer Service
- Actively support and comply with all University policies, HRL regulations and departmental vision and goals.
- Supervise the front desk staff which includes one full time professional staff member, and roughly 15-20 student staff employees. Provide regular evaluations to staff.
- Interact with Residence Life professional staff to ensure that after-hours staff are performing duties within University policies, HRL regulations and departmental vision and goals.
- Assist the front desk staff with office procedures and daily assignments; ensure that the front desk staff are aware of any changes in any policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure adequate Neighborhood Desk coverage at all times, and providing excellent customer service. This includes, but is not limited to, creating a student-centered, professional environment that is fully aware of University policies and procedures.
- Read and respond to emails, phone calls and other messages sent to the HRL url, website, desk, office, etc. Administration and Special Projects
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the annual Housing Selection process for new and returning applicants.
- Along with HRL residence life and facilities staff, coordinate and manage the transitions within the residence halls. This includes but is not limited to: early arrivals, semester move-ins, between semester room changes, winter break transition, extended stay/GAP housing, and semester move-outs.
- Working within the limits of professional capabilities, assist students who have academic, vocational, and personal concerns. Make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Actively serve and participate in departmental committees as assigned.
- Is considered a designated employee for Housing with regards to severe weather, campus emergencies, and other significant Housing events, including Opening and Closing. Some evening and weekend work required.
Required Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong collaborative and customer service skills; demonstrated success with customer/student/parent satisfaction; demonstrated ability to explain internal processes to external customers with patience and professionalism
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated project planning success.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Software Package (strong proficiency with MS EXCEL); proficiency with Ellucian Banner a plus.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated experience as a supervisor Education or Training:
- A bachelors degree, preferably in Student Affairs, Higher Education, Business, Education, or a related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Level and Type of Experience:
- Significant full time professional experience; demonstrated experience in university housing a plus.
- Demonstrated experience supervising multiple employees. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s degree in College Student Personnel or related field and residence life experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of StarRez, Residential Management System (RMS) or other leading university housing management database software.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply by May 3, 2018 at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :