Faculty Support Specialist I
Faculty Support Specialist
Office of Human Resources, Faculty Appointments
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Faculty Support Specialist in the Office of Human Resources. Reporting to the Associate Director of Faculty Appointments, the Faculty Support Specialist will support the Faculty Appointments Department.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Review, complete, troubleshoot all new HR and Payroll documents for new faculty Responsible for ensuring that all foreign faculty paperwork is completed properly and submitted to Payroll Services at University of Maryland College Park.
- Key in new hires in Workday.
- Verify and approve new hires processed in Workday by other associates.
- Provide faculty support in the areas of parking permits, copy requests, and producing/distributing faculty ID cards.
- Maintain the provisioning process for new faculty hires.
- Process adjunct faculty scholarship inquiries.
- Assist selected faculty candidates with the background check process
- Maintain and update all faculty files.
- Provide direct support to faculty by conducting research and resolving questions and issues.
- Maintain and disseminate accurate information to faculty regarding policies, procedures, dates and deadlines.
- Review and update the department webpages to ensure that they reflect up-to-date policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an events calendar to be used internally.
- Draft department outreach documents (i.e. departmental flyers).
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning plus two (2) years of work experience. Must have strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and critical thinking ability. At least one (1) year of customer service experience is required. Must also possess strong administrative support skills and be proficient with the MS Office Suite.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Familiarity with Workday HCM. Experience in HR and Payroll processing.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.