Membership Engagement Manager
FASEB, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology based in Bethesda, MD, is seeking an innovative and collaborative Manager of Membership Engagement. The Membership Engagement Manager will prioritize quality, results, and customer service to Society Management Services (SMS) client societies, ensuring they are highly successful and exceed the expectations of their membership. Additionally, the Membership Engagement Manager will design and implement impactful membership solutions while managing and maximizing the efforts of the client membership team within FASEB’s SMS program. They will develop departmental strategies, operational policies, key performance indicators, and action plans to advance client service offerings, SMS profitability, and staff development.
The manager will develop targeted membership growth strategies (recruitment/acquisition/retention) in support of client society objectives with a focus on stakeholder engagement. This position will be critical in maintaining high standards of excellence in customer service and delivering the highest quality solutions to SMS clients as well as supporting the Director of Society Management Services (SMS) as an ambassador of FASEB’s SMS brand.
This position reports to the Director of Society Management Services and is a highly collaborative innovator, comfortable working with a wide range of professionals. This customer-centric individual will increase team communication and ensure all transactions are prompt, precise and consistent with clients’ financial and operational procedures as well as AMCi Standards and the SMS Handbook.
- Delivers membership development solutions to maximize impact of recruitment and retention efforts.
- Manages and assists department staff with membership engagement tactics and development of targeted growth strategies for various stakeholders in support of client organizations’ objectives.
- Provides client support to contracted clients directly or in conjunction with client support staff when client, resources or situations demand it.
- Increases team and client communication. Increases client satisfaction by ensuring all transactions are prompt, precise and consistent with clients’ financial and operational procedures.
- Coordinates across departments to maintain and manage the SMS brand and maximizes the visibility and effectiveness of various service lines.
- Supports the review of prospective clients and client renewal process; assists the Director of Society Management Services with proposal and contract development; and supports the onboarding of new clients.
- Develops departmental strategies to advance SMS profitability and staff development with oversight from the Director of Society Management Services.
- Supervises client membership team and holds direct reports accountable for their work and achieving client objectives. Oversees training, staff development and evaluations.
- Oversees and ensures all transactions and services are prompt, precise and consistent with clients’ related financial and operational procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience. Non-profit/association experience is required.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated success with membership recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Experience and success in customer service and high-level client support with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of growing membership and exceeding recruitment and retention objectives.
- Rigorous attention to detail and a proven sense of initiative and ownership. Previous supervisory experience and sound managerial skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to association management.
- Outstanding project management and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, outgoing, professional, and innovative approach.
- Occasional travel required.
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is a non-profit 501c3 federation advances health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members.
FASEB has been supporting scientific societies and biomedical research for over a century and our management expertise has expanded greatly over the years. Society Management Services (SMS) is FASEB’s Association Management Company (AMC) business line which provides tailored services for a contract fee and delivers comprehensive solutions integrated from across multiple service lines to nonprofit organizations in the life science community. In delivery of its Society Management Services (SMS), FASEB’s tailored services meet the precise needs of societies, from day-to-day administration to long-term planning, and span a wide range of disciplines. We generate revenue, gain exposure for our clients’ missions, and grow their membership all while saving them time, money, and the hassle of day-to-day management. Through sound management practices, our clients can focus on what is most important—the science and research. To learn more about us, visit our web site at http://faseb.org.