Director for Society Management Services
FASEB, a leading life science non-profit federation, is seeking a Director of Society Management Services (SMS) who will grow revenue through new business development, oversee existing client relationships, and expand innovative service delivery. The position will be critical in the development and implementation of plans to achieve overall growth, satisfaction of SMS clients, and increased collaboration with internal service departments. The Director will leverage strong business acumen and professional services expertise to build credibility with clients, industry partners, and internal teams. S/he will develop and implement the strategy necessary to increase SMS value and impact, organizational effectiveness, and the productivity and profitability of FASEB’s SMS program.
The Director of Society Management Services must have a keen ability to identify business solutions, develop and manage the scope of services, align staff resources, negotiate contracts, and ensure optimal service delivery. The Director of Society Management Services is responsible for the development and implementation of program budgets and oversees staff serving as Executive Directors and Membership Representatives on behalf of clients. S/he serves as a key collaborator amongst internal stakeholder and departments providing SMS services.
- Produce revenue by cultivating new business relationships, developing and promoting an enhanced SMS menu, and identifying and engaging prospective SMS clients.
- Lead business development activities including lead generation, prospect communications, cross-departmental proposal development, and facilitate negotiations.
- Ensure clear scope of work and generate and/or approve client service contracts and contract renewals; negotiating both rates and terms.
- Align SMS staff skill sets with client needs and contract terms, and lead new client transitions ensuring delivery of all contracted services.
Strategic Solutions & Client Engagement
- Drive and support strategy, development, and execution of enhanced SMS menu to meet changing and unique needs of SMS clients.
- With oversight from Deputy Executive Director for Operations, achieve long and short range goals associated with the SMS business plan including operations, services, and pricing.
- Cultivate existing business relationships through frequent client communications and increase client satisfaction, confidence and retention.
- Provide direct client support (Business Manager/Executive Director/Project Lead) when client, resources or situations demand.
- Provide leadership support to SMS staff on client matters such as membership growth, program expansion, business planning, resources, leadership development, and association best practices.
Management & Administration
- Direct budgeting, staffing, and performance management related to Society Management Services.
- Manage staff allocations, communicate proactively regarding client needs, and supervise Account Executives and Membership Engagement Manager and ensure accountability.
- Provide leadership and facilitate a diverse and inclusive environment conducive to building and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in professional services, consulting and/or solutions sales. Senior-level non-profit/association experience is a plus.
- Professional Services business development experience is required, preferably in the nonprofit sector. AMC experience a plus.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA and/or Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred.
- Demonstrated and exceptional account management skills.
- Outstanding project management and facilitation skills
- Previous supervisory experience and sound managerial skills.
- Exemplary team leader and influencer with ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with individuals across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Business acumen to respond quickly to ever-changing needs.
- High level of enthusiasm for growing a business and a capacity to multitask effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to negotiate and communicate complex concepts/business issues to clients, staff and management.
- Demonstrated talent, integrity, enthusiasm and loyalty.
- Occasional travel required.
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is a non-profit 501c3 federation advances health and well-being by promoting research and education in biological and biomedical sciences through collaborative advocacy and service to our societies and their members.
FASEB has been supporting scientific societies and biomedical research for over a century and our management expertise has expanded greatly over the years. Society Management Services (SMS) is FASEB’s Association Management Company (AMC) business line which provides tailored services for a contract fee and delivers comprehensive solutions integrated from across multiple service lines to nonprofit organizations in the life science community. In delivery of its Society Management Services (SMS), FASEB’s tailored services meet the precise needs of societies, from day-to-day administration to long-term planning, and span a wide range of disciplines. We generate revenue, gain exposure for our clients’ missions, and grow their membership all while saving them time, money, and the hassle of day-to-day management. Through sound management practices, our clients can focus on what is most important—the science and research. To learn more about us, visit our web site at http://faseb.org.