Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christia
Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding - Walsh School of Foreign Service
Georgetown's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding (ACMCU) was founded in 1993 by an agreement between the Fondation pour L'Entente entre Chretiens et Musulmans, Geneva and Georgetown University to build stronger bridges of understanding between the Muslim world and the West as well as between Islam and Christianity. The Center's mission is to improve relations between the Muslim world and the West and enhance understanding of Muslims in the West. The geographic scope and coverage of the center includes the breadth of the Muslim world, from North Africa to Southeast Asia, as well as Europe and America. Since its foundation, the Center has become internationally recognized as a leader in the field of Muslim-Christian relations.
The Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager leads the development and production of ACMCU communications and publications for various ACMCU functional areas, and manages ACMCU social media accounts, promotional materials, and event-related communications. S/he works with the ACMCU Director and Associate Director to develop and implement a communications plan for ACMCU; and provides IT and technical support to ACMCU administration and faculty. Reporting to the Center's Associate Director, the Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
Communications and Outreach
- Working with the Director and Associate Director, develops and implements a social media strategy that supports and promotes the events, publications, and outreach efforts of ACMCU and its affiliated projects, including the Bridge Initiative.
- Creates, maintains, and promotes content on the ACMCU website and social media accounts on a daily basis, working closely with SFS Communications on technical issues.
- Provides analysis and reporting on ACMCU outreach initiatives.
- Manages the production, design, and dissemination of various ACMCU digital communications, such as videos, podcasts, and email campaigns.
- Works with Director and Associate Director to maintain ACMCU contact databases.
- Prepares and publishes various promotional materials, newsletters, and reports for ACMCU.
- Works closely with the SFS Communications team on visual identity, branding, and events that will generate media coverage.
- Serves as videographer and photographer for ACMCU events.
- Manages video and photo archives.
- Promotes ACMCU events by developing event promotional materials, managing email announcements, promoting events across multiple University calendars and related sources, and drafting and publishing event summaries for the website and email campaigns.
- Assists Director and Associate Director with editing of occasional papers and other correspondence.
T and Technical Support
- Supports and maintains department technology such as computers and related software, audio-visual equipment, videoconferencing equipment, boardroom multimedia equipment, and cell phones.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support as needed to ACMCU administration, faculty, and staff.
- Films, downloads, and produces finished video projects for the department, such as on-line course delivery projects, student projects, and interviews for evaluation.
- Provides Blackboard and social media support for ACMCU faculty.
- Recommends appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage and proper backup and recovery procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or related field - Master's preferred
- 3 to 4 years of related professional experience, including publications, media outreach, website management, drafting press releases, leveraging social media for public relations, and editing blogs
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Drupal and other similar platforms
- Interest in the mission of ACMCU
- Preference for experience in higher education
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.