7 days left
- Full Time
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Executive Coordinator is part of a fast-paced and dynamic team that supports the CEO of Conservation International. The Executive Coordinator reports to the Executive Assistant and Manager to the CEO and will perform a wide variety of administrative functions for the Office of CEO to ensure the CEO and the team are functioning efficiently. The Executive Coordinator will work with teams across the entire organization, as well as support communication with key external partners.
The executive coordinator will be responsible for supporting the daily schedule and requests of the CEO, including ensuring the CEO is well prepared for all daily meetings, moving efficiently through the day’s events, and remains adaptive to time-sensitive priorities and requests.The executive coordinator will assist in the preparations and execution of key internal and external events and meetings, including providing support for the Board of Director Meetings and taking a lead on the planning of internal staff events.
This position requires superior attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully complete multiple projects in a timely manner and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism.
Support to the CEO:
The executive coordinator will be responsible for supporting the daily schedule and immediate requests from the CEO, including ensuring the CEO is well prepared for all daily meetings, moving efficiently through the day’s events, and remains adaptive to time-sensitive priorities and requests.
Specific Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Work across the organization to collect and ensure quality of CEO’s briefing materials.
- Prepare daily itinerary and deliver to CEO with corresponding background materials.
- Ensure CEO’s guests feel welcomed at CI.
- Ensure CEO stays on schedule and has all needed materials for his meetings throughout the day.
- Adapt daily schedule as changes and new requests occur.
- Assist the CEO with ad-hoc, priority, time-sensitive request.
- Maintain CEO’s office and conference room, ensure all tech is functioning properly.
Preparation for Internal/External Meeting and Events:
The executive coordinator will assist in the preparations and execution of key internal and external events and meetings, including providing support for the Board of Director Meetings and taking a lead on the planning of internal staff events.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Chief of Staff, provide administrative support before and potentially during Board of Directors meetings.
- Take the lead on planning staff events, including the annual holiday party, annual staff picnic, annual executive team retreat, and bi-monthly staff lunches.
- Follow-up on incoming speaking invitations for the CEO and ensure CEO’s office provides a timely response.
- Assist Executive Assistant and Manager and Chief of Staff in the development of meeting materials and briefings for important internal and external meetings.
CEO Office Support:
The executive coordinator will perform administrative functions for the Office of the CEO, including supporting the CEO’s travel, internal and external communications and the overall functioning of the office and team.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare expense reports for CEO.
- Update contact list/email addresses of CEO.
- Send Leadership Group the CEO’s travel itinerary.
- Enter and update the development database, Raiser's Edge, with CEO’s relevant meetings and communications.
- Draft thank-you notes and correspondence as needed.
- Responsible for logging CEO’s mail and mailing gifts, letters, etc.
- Assist with donor mailings from CEO.
- Responsible for obtaining travel visas for CEO.
- Responsible for maintaining CEO’s office supplies.
- Back up Executive Assistant and Manager with CEO’s scheduling and travel.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Staff as needed.
- Fast-paced environment, must be available to work some nights and weekends, must be available to travel to annual Board of Directors meetings (domestic and international).
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of executive assistance related work experience.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and complete the assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adopt new software and technology.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent ability to work successfully in a fast-pace environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain cool, calm and adaptable in high pressure environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent ability to communicate with individuals from a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Passion for conservation.
- Experience in working in and managing delegate accounts for email and calendar in Outlook.
- Experience in Raisers Edge NXT.
- International work experience.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.