Principal Channel Manager, Maritime
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Accountable owner of overall relationships with key channel partners for Intelsat's Maritime business and product portfolio. Measurable success in revenue growth and partner satisfaction. Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with channel partners. Work in close coordination with the product management and product marketing teams to launch new products and support existing products thru channel partners. Interface to the Intelsat business and operations teams to facilitate and manage the ongoing relationship with the channel to drive revenue. Work with channel partners' commercial and financial teams to develop programs to increase end-customer adoption, usage levels, and market penetration. Work with the commercialization and finance teams to define and manage pricing, to improve product margins, and to track revenue against targets. Drive development of toolsets and methodologies to improve business practices and efficiencies. Develop and track channel performance metrics to meet business goals.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- Business or STEM degree from an accredited university
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in channel management, exhibiting strong subject matter expertise.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% as needed, to meet business demands.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (MS Excel, Access, Word and Outlook).
- Effective written and oral English language communication skills, including polished presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively develop and communicate channel plans and messaging across multiple constituencies in the organization.
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivated
- Strong team player with good leadership skills to push important initiatives, while also being accountable for driving channel partner needs and requirements.
- Business thinker with solid strategic skills and capacity to understand the business from a market and financial impact perspective.
- Excellent organization skills, capability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver accurate and quality work.
The following additional qualities are considered preferable:
- Additional years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Maritime industry.
- Drive revenue growth by establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with Channel Partners, through product related promotional activities and program development
- Manage channel marketing budget allocation amongst channel partners. Collaborate with partners and Intelsat channel marketing campaign manager to establish marketing goals, tactics, and ROI measurement for allocated funding.
- Work closely with strategic partners to identify and prioritize joint sales and marketing opportunities to grow revenue.
- Co-create commercial insights leveraging channel partner unique strengths combined with Intelsat's unique strengths.
- Develop metrics and reporting framework to track and communicate active pipeline, success of programs and evolving market requirements. Manage partner reports to ensure partner engagement, maximizing channel marketing budgets and effectiveness of programs.
- Develop and manage ongoing performance reviews and communicate with partners including, but not limited to webinars and quarterly calls.
- Work collaboratively with the channel marketing campaigns manager to develop collateral, presentations, sales tools and a full array of channel materials that convey the value of Intelsat's solutions, with communications that advance partner effectiveness and engage prospects.
- Collaborate with the business management team to define sales channel governance and channel conflict mitigation.
- Establish close working relationship with the Intelsat sales team, working hand-in-hand with account management in all channel partner activities on an ongoing basis
- Representation of channel partner requirements to the Intelsat product management and business teams.
- Support for new product launch with product management and product marketing teams, and thru channel partners.
- Revenue recognition and tracking with the Intelsat business, finance, and operations teams, and processes.
- Pricing and margin management with the commercialization and finance teams
- Early identification of problems and issues, development of solutions, and drive to successful resolution.
- Collaboration with commercialization and finance teams to develop pricing strategy and models, and to manage margins.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.