Director of Undergraduate Marketing and Communications
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Office of Institutional Advancement seeks a Director of Undergraduate Marketing and Communication. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Creative Services within the Office of Institutional Advancement, the incumbent will lead development and execution of annual and long-range marketing plans to support achievement of institutional undergraduate recruitment and enrollment goals, using the University brand as a foundation. The director will work in close partnership with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to develop strategy and oversee execution of undergraduate marketing efforts, as well as with UMBC’s design, communications, and alumni teams. Responsibilities include:
* Translate the University’s brand objectives into a comprehensive marketing plan with
quantifiable strategies and tactics that are brand- and data-driven, well integrated, and align with marketing objectives;
* Develop a solid understanding of market needs, and map advantages, benefits, and
proof points to establish the University as the student’s best choice;
* Gather information about competitive schools and programs in targeted recruiting
* Evaluate and recommend communications channels that effectively deliver the right
messages to the right audiences at the right time;
* Develop compelling internal and external messages to support each selected campaign;
* Develop and manage an effective and integrated digital strategy, including content
marketing, across appropriate platforms to support the campaigns;
* Coordinate with the University’s Creative Services team to develop integrated, multi-channel campaigns that effectively communicate the desired messaging and establish the brand position;
* Work closely with project managers to ensure timely delivery of materials;
* Establish and monitor marketing objectives, deliverable timelines, and project
specifications for each campaign element;
* Establish feedback loops and real-time and cumulative success metrics for implemented campaigns;
* Perform or procure market research when required;
* Serve as liaison with campus strategic partners (e.g., Registrar's Office, Residential Life, Student Affairs, Advising, colleges) as appropriate and;
*Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master's preferred), and five years of experience in marketing or related area, preferably with a strong orientation toward strategy. Competitive candidates will have demonstrated success in leadership, strategy, and an understanding of brand and style guidelines. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about digital marketing, content marketing, social media, email management, and web analytics. A background in higher education marketing is preferred.
This is a full-time staff position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and compensation includes full university benefits.
For best consideration, submit a resume, cover letter and the following: (1) sample of persuasive writing for a particular audience; (2) description of a strategy you developed (including the challenge, how you approached it, and result) and; (3) sample marketing plan by May 14, 2018 (resumes will be accepted until the position is filled).