Capital Outlay Project Manager, Loudon County
Capital Outlay Project Manager – Loudoun County Area
Virginia Community College System Office
The Virginia Community College System provides programs and courses of instruction through the associate-degree level, encompassing occupational-technical education, college transfer education, general education, developmental education, continuing education and workforce development. With 23 colleges located on 40 campuses throughout the state, Virginia's community colleges provide access to quality higher educational opportunities and workforce training throughout the Commonwealth for over 225,000 credit students and nearly 175,000 non-credit students. Our mission is to give everyone the opportunity to learn and develop the right skills so lives and communities are strengthened. As such, the VCCS aims to become a model institution for diversity and invites multicultural professionals from all backgrounds to contribute to its aspiration for building an inclusive community where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
About the Position:
This position is based in a satellite office in the Loudoun County area, but will report to the System Office in Richmond. It will provide project management services primarily to Northern Virginia Community College. Please keep this in mind as you consider this position.
The Capital Outlay Project Manager assists the community colleges in the planning, procurement, design, approval and construction of capital outlay, maintenance reserve projects and college construction projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Substantial knowledge, skills and ability in construction contract management and administration, architectural and engineering design, project tracking, and cost accounting.
- Skills using computer-aided technologies and applications for facilities project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to provide excellent customer service to meet client needs.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with major studies in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of state capital outlay process is preferred.
For further information about this position or to apply, go to http://www.vccs.edu/careers.
This position will remain open until filled, however, first consideration will be given to applicants who apply by April 20th, 2018.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qmp8vn3b4mdzj97m