Acquisition Key Billet- Project Manager or Acquisition Director
25% or less - May be required to travel to overseas locations, including current theaters of operation.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy. For additional duty locations see Additional Information.
Experience required: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: that experience related to matters in cost, schedule and performance for programs and/or systems for Project Manager positions or experience managing contractor cost, schedule & performance for Acquisition Director positions and experience planning, conducting and reporting the results of technical, developmental and operational testing of the full spectrum of DoD materiel, foreign materiel and commercial items for Acquisition Director (Testing) positions.
Time in Grade Requirement: These are DoD Demonstration Project positions. Under the Defense Authorization Act, personnel management demonstration programs are operating in numerous Army activities and various other organizations supported by Army civilian personnel centers. Under the streamlined personnel operations for demonstration projects, the familiar 15 General Schedule grade structure is replaced with broad bands that typically encompass a range of grades.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The materials you send with your application will not be returned.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Positions will be filled at multiple locations. The locations listed on the announcement are not all inclusive.
- You must be a current civilian employee of the Department of Defense
- You must be a member of a DoD Acquisition Corps at the time of application.
- You must be certified at Level III in either Acquisition Career Field (ACF) A (Program Management) for Program Management Positions or ACF C (Contracting) for Contracting Positions.
- All selectees must execute, as a condition of employment, a written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal Service in the position for at least three years and sign a Mobility Agreement. [Note: ACAT I programs require a written tenure agreement of at least four years.0526
- Selection for and assignment to a centrally selected position may include Permanent Change of Station (PCS) to overseas locations, extensive travel and/or mobilization/deployment for service overseas. Information on benefits and entitlements for PCS and during travel and mobilization/ deployment may be found in the JTR and at www.opm.gov and www.cpol.army.mil.
- You must obtain and maintain a secret clearance investigation before you can be appointed into this position. Some positions can require a Top Secret security clearance and personnel must pass drug screening prior to hiring and will be subject to periodic and random drug testing thereafter in accordance with AR 600-85 and Department of Defense Directive 2010.9.
- You will be required to travel frequently
- You may be required to complete an annual Financial Disclosure OGE-450.
- Must be an Acquisition Corps member at the time of application. The Project Manager positions are Key Leadership Positions (KLP) as identified by the Under Secretary of Defense Memorandum, Key Leadership Positions and Qualification Criteria, dated Nov 8, 2013, which can be accessed here: https://asc.army.mil/web/wpcontent/uploads/2015/05/klp-memo-0515.pdf.
- Project Manager positions require level III DAWIA certification in ACF A (Program Management) at time of application. The Acquisition Director positions require Level III Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in Acquisition Career Field (ACF) C (Contracting) at the time of application.
- Duty Location: Additional locations other than those listed above can be found here, https://asc.army.mil/web/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Tentative-FY20-CSL-Posit ions.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your submitted application package (resume and supporting documents) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by a Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA) Centralized Selection Board which convenes November - December 2018. Personal appearance before the selection panel is not allowed.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.