Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Experience monitoring and assessing the financial condition and performance of complex financial institutions and their compliance with regulations through annual on-site examinations, periodic visitations, and ongoing monitoring and analysis.
- Experience managing an examination in which the duties include making decisions concerning the regulation and supervision of financial institutions; leading examiners with oversight responsibilities for condition, performance and safety and soundness of financial institutions.
- Demonstrated professional experience leading, managing or supervising the safety and soundness examinations of large, complex institutions.
- Experience providing expert advice on complex financial issues and in defining the rules and regulations for measuring the safety and soundness of a large financial institution.
- Experience managing staff.
Prefer HFE Commissioned Candidates
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
***There is currently one vacancy available. However, should additional vacancies become available within three months from the opening date of this announcement, eligible applicants for this position may be referred for consideration for the additional position(s).
Benefits remain the same.
FHFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability (physical or mental), age (40 years of age or over), genetic information, parental status, marital status, prior protected EEO activity, political affiliation, or other non-merit factors.
Ethics: FHFA employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions. In addition, certain FHFA employees are prohibited from accepting compensation from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for a two-year period after terminating employment with FHFA. Furthermore, to avoid financial conflicts-of interest or the appearance of conflicts-of-interest, FHFA employees may need to divest or sell certain assets they, their spouse, or minor children own or control, including securities issued by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or the Federal Home Loan Banks. Employees who work on Federal Home Loan Bank issues may need to sell or divest financial interests with any of the Federal Home Loan Bank members, which may include stock in bank holding companies, insurance companies, and other financial services firms. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the Office of General Counsel at (202) 649-3088.
FHFA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, except when doing so would pose an undue hardship on the Agency. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify FHFA at (202) 649-3963. The Agency's decision on granting a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants meeting the Specialized Experience will be eligible for consideration in this process. You will be rated based on the quality and extent of your leadership and technical experience and accomplishments. Your on-line application, responses to the on-line questions, and other documentation submitted will be used to evaluate you on the five Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).
All of the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application form, by checking references or through other means, such as the interview process. This verification could occur at any stage of the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible.