Supervisory IT Speciaist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134,789.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant keeps abreast of latest technology, information, research, etc., to maintain knowledge in field of expertise (for example, reads trade journals, participates in professional/technical associations, maintains credentials).
• Customer Service - skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant promotes or develops and maintains good working relationships with key individuals or groups.
• Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant serves on panels, committees, or task forces as a representative for the organization on technical or professional issues.
• Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant monitors current trends or events (for example, technological, economic, political, social, educational, or employment trends or events) and applies the information as appropriate.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specialized experience is experience providing leadership and direction of the development and operational support for acquisition operating systems equivalent to systems in the Integrated Award Environment (IAE) which are used as the data steward of award information. This experience must demonstate implementation of a digital transformation strategy and modernization of five or more monolith systems, leveraging loosely coupled Application Programming Interfaces (API) and microservices following DevOps philosophies, practices, and technologies to achieve Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery; handson experience designing, building and running cloud-ready stateless applications using modern object oriented and scripting languages, microservices, containerization, and container orchestration; experience working in and leading Agile teams (Scrum and SAFe) using continuous integration, AB testing, Blue/Green Deployment, and other DevOps best practices and techniques; and experience supervising teams of more than 10 personnel with more than 3 direct reports.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
2. Skill with working with IT Systems and technologies including application Programming Interface (API's), microservices, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deliver (CI/CD), Agile software development, Scaled Agile and Scrum.
3. Skill in applying project management techniques.
4. Skill applying IT analytical methods and techniques.
4a. Skill applying knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/applications.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation