- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
GS-13: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as recommending and establishing alternative budgetary solutions and/or policies; preparing recurring and ad hoc financial management reports and monitoring data in financial systems; developing budget estimates, cost benefits analysis and budget execution plans for an organization.
In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Who May Apply: This is an internal agency vacancy which is open to current permanent employees of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Department of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) only. Current FDA employees under a Schedule A appointment are also eligible for consideration. PHS Commission Corps Officers may apply.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing duties of this position as a Commissioned Officer may apply for consideration. Candidates will be referred to the Selecting Official for consideration on a Commissioned Corps assignment but not as candidates for a career-conditional/career appointment under Title 5.
You must submit documentation to verify your eligibility to apply for this vacancy. For most applicants, an SF-50 will be required. You must submit a copy of the most recent notification of personnel action, SF-50, that verifies your eligibility for a competitive placement within the Food And Drug Administration (i.e., federal status and time-in-grade), displaced former employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Commissioned Corps documentation. However, if you are applying based as a Veteran, person with a disability, or a displaced former employee, you will be required to provide other supporting documents as applicable. See the Required Documents section for more details.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: student loan repayment.
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 04/25/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointees FAQ - OPM
- Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are a displaced Federal employee and plan to apply under CTAP , please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Workforce Restructuring
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 04/25/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for this internal position. Eligible internal candidates will be referred to the hiring official for consideration.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSA's.
- Financial Management
- Planning and Evaluating
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10174159 Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive