Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Position has been designated as Non-Critical Sensitive; incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- New Hires are required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and are subject to random drug testing for the duration of service with DoD OIG. Organizational entities within the DoD are not required to conduct drug testing for DoD civilian employees moving by transfer or reassignment from one
- DoD Testing Designated Position (TDP) to another TDP with no break in service within the DoD, unless deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis by the gaining Component.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Requires up to 25% of temporary duty (TDY) travel within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS.)
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Expert knowledge and expertise in strategic communications and the creation of flexible, dynamic communications products. Broad knowledge of publishing concepts, practices, standards and technologies for the media used.
- Expertise in performing editorial quality control during all phases of a publication production cycle. Comprehensive knowledge of the finer techniques and nuances of writing and editing. The incumbent must possess a high level of expertise in writing, editing, research techniques and methods to develop and prepare authoritative data on oversight programs, policies, services and functions. Ability to edit articles accepted for publication, to include substantial rewriting.
- Expert knowledge and experience in crafting and preparing appropriate strategic messages that effectively incorporate external and internal standards and trade craft.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise of the strategy, funding, contracting, services, and programs related to the military, diplomatic, and humanitarian efforts ongoing to support the development and evaluation of strategic oversight plans and to evaluate the conduct of oversight activities such as audits, inspections, investigations or assessments.
- Expertise in communicating complex issues, findings, and recommendations to senior leaders, Congress, and the public; articulating/conveying unique or complex, or technical requirements and policies to gain acceptance and cooperation.
- Expert knowledge of collection, research and trade craft and of applicable regulations, policies and precedents that affect the publication of technical, sensitive, and classified information.
- Experience in managing the staff activities in a fast-paced environment in which each project is an original effort and includes high visibility interest by multiple audiences that include senior level officials, legislators, and international leaders.
- Prepares high quality work product in compliance with Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) Quality Standards for Federal Offices of Inspector General. In doing so, must be free both in fact and appearance from personal, external, and organizational impairments to independence. To maintain independence, all opinions, conclusions, judgments, and recommendations must be impartial and viewed as impartial by knowledgeable third parties. Should avoid situations that could lead reasonable third parties with knowledge of the relevant facts and circumstances to conclude that the OIG is not able to maintain independence in conducting its work.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
As a Federal employee, incumbent may elect health insurance, life insurance, participate in the Federal retirement system, and will receive Sick and Annual leave benefits.
The OIG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume.Read more Security clearance Secret