Student Trainee (Veterinary)
3 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel for training and work assignments may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- This is a Pathways position effective in the fall of 2018. As applicable, applicants are required to submit proof of acceptance to veterinary school by the closing date of this announcement. However, if graduating in spring 2018 and not yet accepted to veterinary school, the applicant/student is required to submit a declaration with their application, stating they have applied to veterinary school for the 2018-2019 school year, and will submit the letter of acceptance within two weeks of being contacted for supplemental information and documentation, if you meet eligibility and initial application requirements.
- If selected for the Saul T. Wilson Jr., Internship program, students must be enrolled for the fall 2018-2019 academic year on a full-time basis.
- If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entrance on duty.
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) and proof of current enrollment must be included with our application. See the "Required Documents" section for more information.
- A Pathways Participant Agreement will be required if you are selected for a position. The agreement must be signed by all applicable parties prior to entrance on duty.
- Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully completed adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
- Schedule will be determined when student is selected.
- This Internship confers eligibility for a noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position in the competitive service contingent upon meeting all applicable Internship Program requirements and the needs of the agency. You will be considered for conversion to a permanent or term position upon the successful completion of your Internship. However, please note that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee the agency will opt for conversion.
- Locality pay will vary based upon the selectee’s duty location. A final salary determination will be made upon selection.
- Pre-employment drug testing may be a required.
- Travel occurs on an occasional basis and visits to remote locations or isolated rural areas may be required where you may be subject to regular and recurring risks associated with working around animals.
- May require use of protective equipment.
- There is a requirement for diagnostic tests and vaccinations in order to gain access to the NVSL/CVB facilities.
To qualify, you MUST meet all selective factor and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
The following Selective Placement Factor (SPF) requirement is being used to determine whether an applicant fully qualifies for this position. Therefore, it is MANDATORY that all applicants meet this requirement in order to receive further consideration for this job vacancy. Applicants are required to submit all transcripts and proof of enrollment to support the selective placement factor. Applicants who fail to meet the selective placement factor may lose further consideration.
Students must be actively applying to or enrolled in a degree seeking doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM) program
Students must be in their final year of a master's program in a field of study related to veterinary medicine (Ex. Pursuit of a master's in public health with the intention of continuing on to a veterinary school). Student MUST show proof of being enrolled or seeking enrollment in a degree seeking doctor of veterinary medicine (DVM) graduate program for the 2018-2019 fall semester.
GS-7: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education (18 semester hours, 27 quarter hours or equivalent) or eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement provision; to qualify based on superior academic achievement you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements. For more details click: Superior Academic Achievement
GS-9: Completion of 2 academic years of graduate level education, or a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS (undergraduate and graduate) are required.
IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS ABOVE, APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Current DVM student applicants must have completed not more than 1 full academic year of study in veterinary medicine.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see http://www.ed.gov/.
- More than one selection may be made if another vacancy occurs within 90 days of the issuance of the certification of eligibles.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS 'E-VERIFY' system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://aphis.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=16C3E088-8A07-4EA6-89D4-A8BD00BF361A Read more Security clearance Other