Events and Program Coordinator, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding
Events and Program Coordinator, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding - Walsh School of Foreign Service
Georgetown's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding (ACMCU) was founded in 1993 by an agreement between the Fondation pour L'Entente entre Chretiens et Musulmans, Geneva and Georgetown University to build stronger bridges of understanding between the Muslim world and the West as well as between Islam and Christianity. The Center's mission is to improve relations between the Muslim world and the West and enhance understanding of Muslims in the West. The geographic scope and coverage of the center includes the breadth of the Muslim world, from North Africa to Southeast Asia, as well as Europe and America. Since its foundation, the Center has become internationally recognized as a leader in the field of Muslim-Christian relations.
The Events and Program Coordinator is responsible for ACMCU's event planning and management, and program and faculty support. Reporting to the ACMCU Associate Director, the Events and Program Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Event Management (conferences, lectures, VIP visits, etc.)
- Develops program.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors; ensuring timely submission and approval of contracts
- Reserves venues.
- Generates advertisements, invitations, and associated correspondence; and creates/updates mailing lists.
- Conducts background research on speakers.
- Manages events from setup to cleanup.
- Coordinates with media, student groups, or any other organization involved in the event.
- Coordinates with SFS Communications on media for events.
- Coordinates with the University Office of Communications on protocol and security.
- Arranges visitor transportation and lodging.
- Processes payments to, and resolving any disputes with, vendors.
- Reconciles all financial transactions associated with events.
- Coordinates with other departments or external groups for events in which ACMCU is a partner or participant.
Program Administration and Faculty Support
- Serves as Timekeeper and Expense Preparer in Georgetown Management System (GMS Workday).
- Ensures timely payroll administration, reimbursements, and payments.
- Manages and ensures regular maintenance of ACMCU offices, program space, and equipment. Serves as primary contact for work orders and vendors.
- Manages ACMCU office operations, such as reception, procurement, supply inventory checks, conference room reservations, and related functions.
- Provides Associate Director with all details needed for requisitioning.
- Supervises student employees in office duties and manages student work schedules.
- Provides administrative support to the Director and Associate Director.
- Solicits and maintains course descriptions, syllabi, and reading lists from faculty.
- Prepares and distributes office hours and teaching schedules each semester.
- Processes book orders, library reserves, and related items for faculty.
- Assists faculty, visiting researchers, and affiliates with onboarding.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years of related professional experience, including events management
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.