Manager, Information Technology
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth is dedicated to creating programs and advocating for policies that help young people make informed and responsible decisions about their reproductive and sexual health. Since 1980, Advocates has provided information, training, and strategic assistance to youth-serving organizations, policy makers, youth activists, and the media in the United States and the developing world.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s entire IT spectrum, from the hands-on maintenance of the network to the design and implementation of complex technology solutions. Requires experience in computer software applications and training, database management and design, and local area network administration. The Manager provides general IT support for all users as well as has responsibility for hardware selection and maintenance; telecommunications management; Internet services; e-mail management; office management duties including vendor selection, purchasing, negotiations for equipment, software, maintenance contracts, office equipment supplies, office space requirements and facility needs.
- Manage the organization's local area network including back-up, print server, work station configuration, and current system upgrades, including all anti-virus and spam filters.
- Coordinate and manage the organization’s data communications capabilities including e-mail and connection to the Internet.
- Troubleshoot PC hardware/software and related equipment.
- Procure hardware and software including vendor selection and price negotiations.
- Maintain the computer hardware and software inventory and coordinate the repair and maintenance of all computer hardware including vendor selection for maintenance contracts.
- Handle technical aspects of the organization’s websites as well as serve as technical consultant for other organizational website development.
- Maintain a Microsoft Dynamics S/L Financial System.
- Manage all telecommunications operations for the organization including telephone hardware maintenance and programming.
- Manage office administration function including storage of all office archive files, purchasing of supplies for equipment, and equipment maintenance.
- Provide new employees with equipment demonstrations.
- Manage office space needs and liaise with the building management for facility needs including repairs, security and other routine matters.
- Negotiate lease agreements with equipment vendors for copier and postage machine.
- Support staff to identify and procure appropriate technology solutions.
- Work with the Vice President of Finance & Administration to develop annual IT budget and manage the budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, with eight to ten years of programmatic experience in computer systems management. Must have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and great organizational and written skills as well. Must demonstrate advanced networking skills in a Windows environment as well as a practical and conceptual understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, and network protocols. Advanced skills managing Exchange Servers within an AD environment beyond creating user accounts and profiles is required. Basic knowledge of Ipswitch I-Mail and Collaboration Server. Basic knowledge in Linux/Unix administration. Basic knowledge of Mac OSX Systems deployed in a Windows environment.
Experience configuring firewalls, routers and DNS required. Have knowledge of router and firewall administration. Advanced knowledge of Barracuda SPAM System needed, along with a good understanding of layered defenses from other vendors. Basic scripting and knowledge of current programming languages desired.
Desktop application skills are necessary for support and basic training, and includes the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Configuration support for Web developer applications desired, including Adobe Creative Suite. Qualified candidates must be committed to Advocates for Youth’s mission and goals.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and three references by May 1, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Director, Information Technology and your last name.
No telephone calls or email inquiries, please.
Advocates for Youth is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and strongly encourages people of color and LGBTQ people to apply.