Howard Community College - Business/Entrepreneurship Faculty
Thank you for considering Howard Community College in your search
HCC offers quality transfer degree programs in Business and Entrepreneurship, and is known for its outreach to the community as an active partner with strong presence in business, entrepreneurship and innovation. The Division works in partnership with the Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship, the Howard County Chamber of Commerce and regional businesses and entrepreneurs to assure that curriculum is both current and useful in today's dynamic business environment. Daytime, evening and weekend courses are taught at HCC. Courses are offered across all platforms, face-to-face, online and hybrid.
All programs in the Business Computer Systems Division have been accredited by Accreditation Educational Services (AES). The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the work of the division to maintain this nationally recognized accreditation. This is a 12-month faculty position.
This position requires teaching skills, exceptional leadership ability demonstrated by outstanding communications skills including the ability to listen well, the desire to learn and to take initiative, and the ability to lead a collaborative group of diverse people.
The successful candidate will take teaching assignments to facilitate courses in Business and Entrepreneurship disciplines.
The candidate will also work with an interdisciplinary team of faculty teaching both business and entrepreneurship courses supporting the success and growth of the students enrolled in business and entrepreneurship programs. Other responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to design development and assessment of course and program content and course coordination. In addition, serving on departmental and college committees and regular advising and coaching of students are critical position responsibilities. Some participation in external outreach including work with community organizations can be expected.
Teaching across multiple platforms
Development and delivery of course materials
Participation in departmental and college committees
Serving as an academic advisor, mentor and coach
Discipline coordination including hiring and support of adjunct faculty in their teaching and development, management of course scheduling and curriculum
- The outstanding candidate should have a master's degree in business or a related discipline.
- The successful candidate should have a working knowledge coming from experience in the integration of technology and business, marketing, business ethics, accounting and finance, human resources, leadership and management and organizational development.
- Prior experience in business startup and/or as an entrepreneur is helpful
- Successful candidates should demonstrate ease using technology including software applications like Microsoft Office as well as experience with other business applications. Prior training or teaching experience preferred. Experience using a Learning Management System required
- Minimum of two years prior teaching experience required with a strong preference for candidates with prior community college teaching experience
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications
- Strong preference to candidates with demonstrated experience in leadership including a history initiating and managing change, working with others toward shared goals and developing others
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Compensation: Salary range starting at $59,000 and is commensurate with experience, plus excellent medical insurances, paid leaves and tuition reimbursement.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: May 11, 2018
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
In addition to your application please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A statement describing how you see the infusion of technology supporting business education
Link to job announcement: http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=96624