Chief Information Officer
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must address each of the five following mandatory qualifications separate from their resume. Statements must provide specific examples that address relevant experience, accomplishments, and evidence that you possess demonstrated superior technical qualifications. You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit qualification statements specifically addressing each mandatory technical qualification requirement.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQS): Maximum of two pages per MTQ
- Demonstrated ability to provide entrepreneurial leadership in integrating state of the art technology into business, financial, administrative, and insurance environment mission support activities and the ability to develop partnerships with agency leadership to define and develop practical strategies and create synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the current state of agency-wide IT policy implementation with an emphasis on assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of standing policies, driving the update of outdated or ineffective policies, and development of new policies to support strategic business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership over agency-wide enterprise architecture, IT capital planning and investment control (CPIC), and IT project management standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote the effective and efficient design, development, testing, acceptance, and coordination of the implementation of new enterprise IT services and the ability to design and support the implementation of mission-focused technology solutions that address complex business problems and information sharing challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in overseeing the internal controls for the overall agency-wide IT Program, reviewing IT products, services, systems, or processes for compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act, Office of Management and Budget, Department of Homeland Security directives, and National Institute of Standards and Technology guidance.
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp).
Appointment Authorities: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements: Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period.
If selected, you will be required to file, prior to entrance on duty, a Public Financial Disclosure (OGE Form 278).
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
OPIC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement # OPIC-18-DE-10179294EV using Delegated Examining (DE) procedures. If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet DE requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the resume and mandatory qualification requirements. The candidate's experience will be reviewed in determining the degree to which he/she possesses each of the qualification requirements. You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit qualification statements specifically addressing each mandatory technical qualification requirement. Failure to meet any one of the Mandatory Qualification standards will eliminate a candidate from further consideration. A preliminary review will be made by Human Resources. Candidates will then be evaluated for this position by a screening panel composed of a diverse mix of senior executives and/or general officers selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel discuses each application and reaches consensus to the Best Qualified candidates. Only the individuals in the Best Qualified category will be referred to the hiring official for review.