Information Technology Program Assurance Senior Advisor
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) and obtain approval that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
You will be asked a question by the job application system to self-certify your possession of the specialized experience. We will verify your self-certification using your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your self-certification, we may disqualify you, resulting in no further consideration of your application under this vacancy announcement.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on length and level of experience. Therefore, in addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours per week if part time. Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The 1993 Hatch Act Reform Amendments prohibit oral and written political recommendations for Federal jobs.
Bargaining Unit status: This position is not covered by a bargaining unit.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-federal work experience or uniformed service experience.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
If it is determined that you meet the specialized experience requirement, you will be presented by the job application system with four additional assessment questions, one corresponding to each of the Mandatory Competencies listed below. You must enter your narrative responses demonstrating possession of each of the Mandatory Competencies there. Based on your responses, you will be scored by a review panel, which will measure your possession of the Mandatory Competencies.
- Describe your experience developing and leading information technology (IT) program governance activities for an organization with a portfolio of complex legacy IT systems. Include your experience developing a data strategy and governance model for a portfolio of IT systems. What significant achievements/outcomes can you describe as a result of your actions and leadership?
- Describe your experience leading collaborative efforts across a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve program results impacting both internal operations and external customers and industry partners.
- Describe your experience performing stakeholder communications and change management activities for a large, complex, geographically-dispersed organization.
- Describe the best practices you recommend for monitoring IT investment portfolio project status and risks to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, and provide an example of where you have employed each best practice.
We will verify your answers to the questions using your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Applicants may undergo an interview, other assessments and a reference check and may be required to provide a writing sample, work plan or other written product. If so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation