Program Analyst (Recent Graduates)
Occasional travel - 25% or Greater.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This position is designated as High Risk and requires a background investigation. Unless an appropriate background investigation is already on record with the Office of Personnel Management, you must undergo a background investigation.
To qualify for this position you must meet one of the basic requirements described below. You must submit documentation for proof of this requirement.
To qualify for the GS-09 level, you need to have at least one year of full time specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the federal sector. The work experience described in your resume must clearly reflect that you have performed work that meets the specialized experience requirement for this position, as defined below, or your application will be rated "Ineligible". Specialized experience for this position at the GS-9 level is defined as: "Experience gathering various types of data to analyze, draw conclusions, and communicate results".
- OR -
(A) A Master's or equivalent graduate degree -OR- (B) Two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education, if related -OR- (C) A law degree such as an LL.B. or J.D, if related -OR- (D) A combination of of education and specialized experience.
Your answers to the on-line assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to assess program development or execution for improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Knowledge of a variety of data collection techniques to obtain information from a variety of sources and draw conclusions.
- Ability to develop a variety of written reports and guidance in a variety of formats (e.g., narrative, graphs, charts, etc.) using a variety of software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SPSS, SAS equivalent statistical package, etc.).
- Ability to gather, compile and analyze from various sources of information/problems and present findings and recommendations.
- Ability to verbally communicate various types of information to a variety of audiences to convey factual information, provide guidance, obtain concensus, and/or persuade others to adopt recommendations.
To be eligible, a Recent Graduate must within the previous two years, have completed all course requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. The two years begin with the date all degree or certificate requirements are met, not the graduation date. Note: Eligibility for a veteran in this case cannot exceed six years from the date which the veteran completed his/her degree.
(i) Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty;
(ii) Non-preference eligible veterans must apply within two years of completing all course requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Orientation program
- Mentorship throughout the Program.
- Individual Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program.
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement.
Recent Graduates may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances a term appointment lasting 1-4 years).
To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a US Citizen.
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrated successful job performance.
- Met the qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
As part of the application process, you are required to submit college transcripts or a list of courses as described in the Required Documents section of this announcement. However, if you are selected, you must provide official educational transcripts before you start work with EPA. More information on verification of education can be found here:
EPA participates in e-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. For additional information http://epa.gov/ohr/ezhire/vacancy_requirements.htm.
This information is used to determine your qualifications for employment. The use of this information is authorized under Title 5 USC, Sections 3302 and 3361.
If you have part-time work experience, read this: (http://epa.gov/ohr/ezhire/vacancy_requirements.htm)
If you are selected, travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid by EPA. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting to work in this position will be your responsibility.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the on-line assessment. Your responses to the on-line assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified Category.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
To preview questions please click here.