Deputy Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Strategy, EM-0301
Occasional travel - Occasional Overnight Travel Is Required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses are authorized.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
To qualify at the EM level, candidate must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG/GS-15 level or above. Specialized experience is experience developing an Enterprise-Wide IT Strategy and IT focused Strategic Workforce Planning Strategy.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
If selected, you may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) you will be assessed on are listed below. If you are found qualified, your application package will be reviewed by a panel of three Executive Managers and placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration.
- Ability to lead key strategic activities encompassing the development of an Enterprise-Wide IT Strategy, Enterprise Data Strategy and Target Enterprise Architecture/Digital Strategy.
- Ability to oversee the enterprise strategies for an established, complex, nationwide IT program including policy development and procedure oversight.
- Ability to carry out a comprehensive IT strategic vision in support of business goals and direction.
- Ability to develop a Human Capital Strategy centered on maturing the workforce competencies, strategic recruiting/hiring, and training to proactively address skill gaps and to advance use of new technologies and delivery models designed to promote innovation, business agility, and accelerate delivery of new capabilities.
- Knowledge of advanced and theoretical IT concepts to include analyzing and applying these concepts and complex new technology to the technical environment to improve service and support for corporate clients.
- Ability to serve as an advisor to and spokesperson for CIO or equivalent, defending IT budget and performance objectives to align with business priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other CIO and Business area senior leadership to ensure approved IT initiatives and investments are executed in a manner that will support the realization of the vision and strategies defined.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI