Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13salary range starts at $96,970.00per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant ensures that activities, services, or products reflect organizational goals and objectives.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant participates or represents the organization or clients at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant evaluates the efficiency or effectiveness of organizational programs, projects, or operations.
- utilizing Object Oriented Design, Java, JSP, and SQL;
- utilizing Software development life cycle methodologies;
- designing and developing J2EE web development components;
- applying database concepts and techniques;
- documenting software design and code; and
- performing unit and integration testing choices.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Skill applying IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices
1a. Skill in IT systems analysis
- Skill in applying knowledge of IT systems and technology, including emerging IT trends and Federal IT priorities and initiatives
2a. Ability applying project management techniques
- Skill in Oral Communications
3a. Skill in Written Communications
- Skill in interrelationships of multiple IT specialities, including IT architecture; new IT developments and applications, and emerging technologies and their applications to business processes
- Skill with IT technologies such as JEE, Open Source JEE Frameworks, , SQL, Unix shell scripting and COBOL, to develop and interpret policies.
5a. Skill in applying knowledge of data management, network services, systems analysis, systems integration, systems administration, applications software/hardware, customer support and/or security.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation