Information Technology Specialist (Network - VOIP)
Occasional travel - Conditions of Employment: Must provide proof of CCNP or CCIE certification; and The position requires the incumbent to install IT support equipment in racks and moving equipment between locations. The incumbent is required to climb ladders and lift up to 40 lbs.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
For this position, specialized experience is defined as experience performing the operation and maintenance for Cisco’s Unified Communications Manager, Cisco’s Unity Connection and Cisco’s Unified Contact Center Express in an enterprise environment (with 4000+ devices) in order to implement, upgrade, and maintain an organization’s Cisco VOIP network.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience statement, the applicant must possess the Selective Factor requirement and demonstrate it within the resume:
Experience using Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) certification concepts to maintain and operate VoIP systems and services.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: (PROVIDE PROOF OF CERTIFICATION)
***********Note: You must have CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional and/or CCIE - Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert Certification******************************************
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
In addition to meeting the Specialized Experience for all positions individuals must have related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external business partners and customers (any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unity produces including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government). Provides information or assistance. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. Effectively manages customer relationships.
- Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups. Listens effectively; clarifies information, as needed. Speaks and writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner that is appropriate to the audience. Facilitates an open exchange of ideas to ensure all group input is considered. Handles technical, sensitive, or controversial topics with agility involving executives/managers as appropriate.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information, generates and evaluates alternative solutions, and makes sound recommendations.
- At this grade level, there is no education substitution for the required specialized experience; and
- In order to be qualified for this position, you must meet the selective factor and specalized experience requirements listed.
- Must provide proof of certification - CCNP or CCIE).
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Ability to perform and implement the design, planning, implementation, performance, and maintenance for the Cisco VoIP suite of products networked together in the Smithsonian-wide IT architecture in an enterprise environment of over 4,000+ devices.
- Knowledge to install, operate and maintain VoIP networks including monitoring and evaluation across all VoIP platforms and applications.
- Ability to perform upgrades, patching and troubleshooting on VoIP network applications and platforms.
- Ability to prepare technical specifications, statements of work, documentation of all work activities including design documents, as-built documents and customer training documents.
Best Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies above.
Better Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies above.
Good Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies above to a substantive degree.
This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher.
Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
The review of your resume will determine your final rating and should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation