Supervisory Contract Specialist - Division Director
Occasional travel - Domestic travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To qualify for this position at the GS-1102-15 grade level, you must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Selective Factor: In order to meet minimum qualification requirements, you must demonstrate possession of the selective factor for this position. Selective factor includes:
Professional Acquisition Certification: To be considered for this position, must possess at least one of the following and provide the required documentation for verification by the closing date of this announcement.
A) Current/active Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level III certification. Acceptable documentation is:
1. The initial certificate dated no more than two years prior to the closing date of the announcement; or
2. The Certificate of Achievement (for completion of continuous learning points (CLPs) requirement) with a certification valid date through at least the closing date of the announcement.*
B) Current/active Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certification. Acceptable documentation is an Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) which shows that you are currently certified through at least the closing date of this announcement.*
*Please note that if contacted for an interview, you will need to provide documentation that your FAC-C Level III or DAWIA Level III certification is still currently active.*
2. Education: You must have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. You must provide unofficial transcripts as verification that you meet this education requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
Exceptions: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This also applies to positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. However, they will have to meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade.
3. Training: Completed all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GS-13 or higher level contracting positions, including at least 4-years' experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience must have been specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position.
4. Specialized Experience: In order to qualify for this GS-15 Supervisory Contract Specialist position, your resume/CV must demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
1. Serving as a Contract Officer responsible for leading the complete life-cycle (i.e., pre-award and post-award) of acquisitions for equipment, software, and services;
2. Developing and implementing training for procurement professionals and administrative staff on procurement policies, procedures and guidelines; and
3. Providing technical leadership, staff coordination, and consultation in any phase of the contracting process (e.g., pre-solicitation, solicitation, negotiation, award, post-award administration).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 04/20/2018.
Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required prior to your starting work.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
- Financial Disclosure: This position requires you to file a public or confidential financial disclosure report prior to receiving a final offer letter as well as within 30 days of your appointment. This will require you to report information such as recent sources of income, financial interests you hold, and outside activities you participate in, as well as similar information from a spouse or any dependent children. If you have questions, please contact your HRSA Ethics Advisor at AskHR@hrsa.gov.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): Click here
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process.
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.** Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- ACQUISITION PLANNING - Develops and guides program management through a comprehensive plan for fulfilling acquisition needs in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost in accordance with Federal and Departmental regulations, policies and procedures.
- COMMUNICATIONS - Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT - Knowledge of various types of contracts, techniques, or requirements (for example, Federal Acquisitions Regulations) for contracting or procurement, and contract negotiation and administration.
- LEADERSHIP - Inspires, motivates & guides others toward goal accomplishment; coaches & mentors subordinates; adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations; models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, & respect for individuals by applying these values to daily behaviors.
To preview the occupational assessment questionnaire, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10126063 Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation