Payroll Partner - Payroll Services
Payroll Partner - Payroll Services
The Payroll Partner provides the full range of payroll support to the University community, ensuring timely and accurate payments to all employees. Reporting to the Direct of Payroll Services, the Payroll Partner has duties that include but are not limited to:
Critical Payroll Documents
- Reviews for accuracy and process the documents to ensure timely and accurate payments, such as timesheet corrections, reimbursement forms, Payroll Accounting Adjustments, one-time payments, garnishments, and various deductive and retroactive payments.
- Reviews and processes On-Demands.
Quality Customer Services
- Makes timely response to all phone calls, e-mail and other inquiries (within 24 hours).
- Assists co-workers, performs internal and external customer research, and resolves problems.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees and administrators.
Payroll Assignments (Each partner will be responsible for at least two of the following duties. Each partner must be familiar with each duty so that they may perform or assist the responsible partner when required)
- Scans payroll documents for each employee - such as On-Demand request and General Payroll form.
- Escheats reporting of payroll and coordinates Accounts Payable reporting for the University.
- Maintains employee records and implements payroll deductions for garnishment, tax levies, and child support enforcement order.
- Prepares required end of the month journal vouchers.
- Reconciles and requests payments for union dues and initiation fees.
- Keys biweekly and monthly expense vouchers.
- Maintains up-to-date files on employees.
- Reconciles and requests payments for parking, Yates Field House, and metro check.
- Responds to requests for duplicate W-2s.
- Works on special projects as needed - such as audits and errors research.
- Responds to subpoenas.
- Initiates contact with departmental personnel who are not completing payroll forms accurately and timely and then provides appropriate advice.
- Completes employment verification and return to specific agencies.
- Prepares bank transmittal form and reviews the bank statement monthly.
- Enters payroll information into computerized payroll systems and assists in preparing payroll checks.
- Answers questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters, and maintains leave records.
- Assists as needed with governmental reporting/compliance.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- 2 to 4 years of accounting experience
- Strong background in Word and Excel
- Analytical skills to research problems and correct errors
- Customer service orientation
- Knowledge of garnishment procedures
- General knowledge of accounting and preparation of reconciliations
- General knowledge of CSRs (financial status reports)
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.