SAP BI/Reporting Functional Team Lead (Business Analyst IV)
2 days left
- Full Time
Serves as the overall SAP Business Intelligence/Reporting Team Lead on the FOCUS Business Support Group (FBSG) in the Department of Management and Budget. Manages a team of functional business analysts and is responsible for working with various business process owners, end users, IT, and other stakeholders regarding business objectives, goals, and issues pertaining to business intelligence and reporting. Manages the day-to-day operations, strategic planning, and overall activities for "FOCUS" SAP business intelligence, reporting and data warehousing. Serves as a project lead for the continued design and maintenance of the SAP data warehouse and reporting functionality, including the expansion of reporting for Procurement/SRM, HCM, as well as continued work on the Core Financial data warehouse. Leads business requirements gathering sessions, translates those requirements into a report design, analyzes data elements and system extractors and actively participates with IT in modeling, designing appropriate back-end structures & tools to meet those business reporting requirements. Responsible for acting as the lead coordinator, primary contact and representative from the FBSG for discussions with the FOCUS Operating Board, Fairfax County Public Schools, other Business Process Owners and the Department of Information Technology. Serves as a primary position in the change management process for the FOCUS SAP system, including leading the design of new functionality, enhancement of existing functionality, and troubleshooting and resolving incidents/problems with current functional configuration. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of countywide procedures and policies and requirements related to processing in the FOCUS SAP system, including Fairfax County internal control requirements, security policies and procedures, end user and business process owner reporting requirements, state and federal reporting requirements, internal and external auditing and controls, organizational structure, and other county business processes that are impacted by the FOCUS SAP enterprise resource planning system. Responsible for the life cycle process for new development activities related to all current and future FOCUS SAP modules. Serves as a core member of the overall FBSG leadership team and acts as a designated back-up for the FBSG Lead as needed.Illustrative Duties
- Provides direction to align technology with organization's strategy, priorities, and business needs;
- Serves as lead system administrator for multiple complex interdepartmental systems in multiple environments on a variety of platforms;
- Develops the processes and policies to ensure compliance with federal and state systems and regulations;
- Oversees the evaluation and redesign of business processes to enhance business functionality and efficiency and to facilitate large-scale change;
- Leads efforts to seek ways of applying new and existing technology to business processes, providing expertise on technical trends and external practices;
- Manages the business process activities for the systems development life cycle for new and/or existing complex systems;
- Manages the development, implementation, interoperability, quality assurance, and security of systems;
- Identifies and maintains key performance measures for business processes associated with technical systems;
- Manages workgroups that perform documentation of system requirements and specifications detailing user needs to be utilized by system technical support members;
- Manages staff performing the functional testing process during solution implementation to ensure that they function correctly to serve user needs without compromising other system functions;
- Determines appropriate system life cycle techniques and methods for implementation;
- Supervises the delivery of training classes to user groups;
- Evaluates, prioritizes, and educates others on the technical implications of requested changes and improvements on systems;
- Brokers services with DIT and vendors on behalf of customers;
- Coordinates multi-system solutions to clarify interdependencies so that systems interface seamlessly with each other;
- Communicates with other IT functional areas to apprise them of project status, inform senior management of progress, and keep DIT's technology and service managers aware of user issues needing resolution;
- Stays abreast of technology changes.
- Advanced knowledge of methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of business process reengineering;
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for conducting performance assessments of IT systems, change management theories, and their application in a business environment;
- Advanced knowledge of procedures for developing technical and operational support documentation and tools for analyzing and developing test and evaluation procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of information technology assessment;
- Considerable knowledge of interdepartmental and/or countywide processes, procedures, and requirements;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Considerable knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand-alone environments;
- Considerable knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Considerable knowledge of effective project management methods, practices and techniques;
- Knowledge of effective supervisory methods, practices, and techniques;
- Ability to manage/administer multiple computer systems in a diverse computing environment;
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires a comprehensive understanding of hardware/ software systems solutions;
- Ability to manage both small and large long and short-term projects under project timeline and resources;
- Ability to write computer program operating instructions;
- Ability to write effectively, including technical writing;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans;
- Ability to understand how IT affects an organization and ability to link it to redesigned business processes;
- Ability to work cooperatively with technical staff and end users and establish and maintain relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer information systems, business administration, or related field; plus five years of experience in information systems and process redesign, managing and implementing all phases of the systems development life cycle, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background and credit check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Extensive knowledge and experience with enterprise resource planning systems, with an emphasis on SAP. Considerable knowledge and understanding of SAP Business Warehouse, Business Objects, Data Services, and ABAP Reports. Expertise in Microsoft SQL/SSRS/SSAS and other data platforms/applications, including familiarity with metadata, data organization, data quality assessment and data profiling. Knowledge and experience with the various modules in SAP including Financials, Procurement and Human Resources. Understanding both technical and business components and coordination of multi-agency initiatives. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and end users. Various knowledge and experience of policies, procedures and requirements related to human resources, finance, budget, purchasing/procurement, data warehouse/reporting and/or information technology as it relates to the functional system administration of SAP. Leadership abilities in functional system administration and business process support and redesign. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. Ability to attend meetings and make presentations.
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, employee must be sufficiently mobile to attend meetings and make presentations. Employee may be required to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. Incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Visual acuity is required to read data on a computer monitor and in printed format. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.