Technician, Network Operations
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
FLSA: Non Exempt
Department: 16711.Network Operations
Travel %: None
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Hiring Manager: Marsha E Hall
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a NOC Technician, you will provide support to the Radio Frequency (RF) interference events, Occasional Use (OU), full-time managed services and basic network operations functions related to basic troubleshooting and the resolution of customer service issues. This position is responsible for replying to incoming calls, emails to coordinate and schedule services on behalf of customers utilizing occasional-use resources, monitoring information on all sites, network infrastructure, and backhaul. You will conduct routine managed service and transport support through monitoring and system status checks to provide the highest levels of customer service, technical support, analysis and resolve service issues and minimize service interruptions. In addition, this role contributes to on- call support and 24/7 rotating shift coverage, as needed.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES ITAR ACCESS - Applicants must be U.S. Citizen, U.S. permanent resident or U.S. Aslyees**
- Must have high school diploma or vocational school graduate.
- At least one year of commercial experience in a broadcast and/or data environment, with three years preferred.
- Current working knowledge of satellite, fiber, data and/or broadcast related equipment.
- Cisco related certification is desirable.
- Must be able to work a 24/7 shift schedule including major holidays
- Provide operational support and timely response of phone calls and emails through the triage process. Matters include but not limited to; OU service bookings/activations and issues, customer accesses, carrier measurements, peak/pols and internal/external customer notifications.
- Interface and coordinate RF and OU service within the company, and with other company and partner facilities to resolve service disruptions.
- Utilize tools to interpret and troubleshoot basic RF, digital video and audio IP signals.
- Timely identify, update and escalate service issues as needed to determine alternate routing, emergency restoral procedures and resolve of service discrepancies.
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming customer calls / emails with professionalism.
- Participate in routine daily operational activities and alarm monitoring, with the goal of eliminating/mitigating any operational impact to customers.
- Monitor full-time managed services as well as teleport RF/IF equipment, associated ground systems.
- Perform troubleshooting for all full-time services while consistently following established processes and procedures.
- Assist with the monitoring and execution all maintenance coordination activities, including troubleshooting video and IP routing as necessary.
- Work closely with customers to maintain all service level agreements and resolve any RF, teleport and managed service trouble issues.
- Create and review trouble tickets for all full-time services, RF interference issues or circuit events to ensure accurate documentation is maintained and all follow up actions are completed.
- Escalate and report on service issue corrective measures to the Supervisor and Management team.
- Participate in the on-boarding of new systems and assist with satellite transition activities.
- Collaborate with Intelsat support groups and/or premier customer Engineers to integrate new services into the existing operational Intelsat product line.
- Under supervision, initiate emergency restoral procedures and determine alternate routing of services provided by Teleport Operations for Intelsat owned teleports and 3rd party partner teleports
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.