Administrative Assistant Student Intern (Part-time)
Dewberry is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant Student Intern to join our Fairfax, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join and support our team of professionals. This position offers potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to help our group exceed the expectations of our clients. The administrative assistant will work closely with Project Managers and project teams in assembling project deliverables, documentation, performing general administrative duties, including tracking project status, contracts, purchase orders, subcontracts, billing, and collections, ensuring consistency throughout the following processes:
- Client Proposals – Assist Project Managers, engineers and financial administrator to prepare and issue proposals to various clients and tracking status of purchase orders receipt.
- Financial/Budget Review – Assist with maintenance of project accounting system with Project Managers including project budgets, invoicing process, and outstanding accounts.
- Tracker maintenance – Assist in the tracking of project workflow, deliverables, billing and collection process from inception to completion in the project tracking system.
- Contract Submittals – Support new account contracts and insurance requests and coordination with internal corporate accounting, legal and contracts groups.
- Client interface – Communicate with client financial representatives to followup on work request, submittals, deliverables, purchase orders, billing and collections of accounts receivable.
- Associates degree or higher in business, finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel is required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment