Are you looking for a new opportunity in a healthcare system that focuses on a culture of safety and team member growth?
Your commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient are the foundation of our success. Today we are making healthcare remarkable.
As one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations, Novant Health UVA Health System remains in a position of financial strength and smart growth. As a Magnet-recognized healthcare system, Novant Health UVA Health System has been named one of the best places to work. We are built on a foundation of core values of compassion, diversity and inclusion, personal excellence, teamwork and courage. Advance your career with a health system that strives to continue excellence in healthcare.
Novant Health UVA Health System
Manassas & Haymarket, VA
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
Team member is responsible for performing all laboratory procedures, including quality control, specimen collection, processing, testing and reporting of lab results. Team member will also assist in the evaluation of new or modified techniques when required. They will advise and assist in the orientation and training of other personnel on equipment and software as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, or chemical, physical, or biological science or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology or MT program preferred
- One year experience as laboratory tech. (Clinical internships of 12 months duration meet this requirement) preferred
- Technologist/Scientist Certification from ASCP (BB, C, H, MT/MLS, M, MB) or AMT - MT required. MT/MLS preferred. ** All individuals certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain AMT Certification Continuation Program (CCP) required
Additional skills required:
- New graduates must obtain certification within 12months of hire. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment. All individuals who are newly certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are newly certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain MT Certification Continuation Program (CCP).
- Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tests
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results
- Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests
- Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public
- Ability to read and understand information about instrumentation in laboratory field
- Ability to follow written protocols
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly
Full-time & PRN opportunities available
For a more detailed description and to apply, visit JobsAtNovantHealth.org and reference job ID: 198865 or 197782.
Hear what our Team Members have to say:
Connect with our recruitment team here through live chat.