The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a receptionist. The successful application is charged with covering reception area and the main switchboard, acting as the first point of contact for individuals, controlling building access, and directing visitors to the proper person/office by coordinating with the appropriate staff. This position is also responsible for a wide variety of Customer Service activities including but not limited to netForum data file maintenance and transaction processing related to all products, programs and services. The individual who performs this role will a problem solver by promoting and maintaining positive customer relations in a fast-paced environment. This role works collaboratively with staff to provide the best customer service possible both internally and externally.
- Answers main switchboard, screens and routes calls, takes messages and maintains the voicemail box. Ability to answer simple inquiries about the organization.
- Responsible for greeting visitors, recording arrivals and departures for staff and tenants. Controls building access during normal business hours. Informs staff of guest arrivals.
- Assures the reception area is neat and orderly.
- Runs netForum reports for data file maintenance.
- Updates individual customer records in Netforum based on returned mail and internal or external requests for updating records.
- Process member requests such as proforma invoices and meeting attendance certificates.
- Assists Customer Service Manager and other team members with customer service related processes (e.g., process memberships, merge customer records, etc.).
- Works with the Customer Service Manager to identify service issues and recommend resolutions.
- Trains assigned back-up staff for reception relief coverage.
- Review and update Reception desk manual, including updated phone and contact list on a monthly basis.
- Participates in special projects, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree with at least 1 year of experience desired or a high school diploma with at least 3 years professional work experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products and database applications (netForum preferred).
- Previous training in customer service techniques preferred.
- Association experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service orientation, pleasant demeanor and excellent telephone etiquette required.
- Displays excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with competency in grammar and diction, required.
- Multi-tasking abilities essential.
The Optical Society (OSA) offers a competitive compensation & benefits. Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.