Inertial Labs, Inc.
Inertial Labs is a world leader in sophisticated positioning and guidance systems for military, industrial, and commercial hardware. Our customers integrate our products into their weapon systems, drones, vehicles, industrial cranes, antennas, VR systems, and other platforms that demand precise awareness of position and heading.
Primary responsibility is to drive sales through outbound lead generation. Provide technical marketing assistance for customer applications. Understand possible applications of company product to customer requirements. May prepare and present demonstrations and applications of company product. May provide training and oversee technical support for customers and distributors.
Sales Engineer Job Duties:
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and current customers.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Researches opportunities for government services through FedBizOpps and other government opportunity portals.
- Provides product technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying customer documents; consulting with engineers and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the knowledge, skill, and/or ability detailed below: Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General Programming Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of experience and/or education preferred. Engineering degree or background preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.