HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST - PART-TIME
As a member of the Human Resource/Finance team, you will be responsible for providing support to CBIZ, our third party human resource outsourcing partner. You will share the responsibility with CBIZ in preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating. Explaining human resources policies, procedures and standards to new and existing employees. Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following essential duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the HR Outsourcing (HRO) team in addition to monitoring the HRIS system to ensure employee data are processed accurately and timely;
- Processing of Employee Contracts, Orientation and Exit Interview paperwork;
- Review and approve payroll from the HRO team prior to transmission;
- State Withholding & Unemployment registration;
- Monthly labor reporting;
- Process employment verification (I-9's);
- Assist in the compliance testing and review of the Foundation’s 403(b) plan; distribution of quarterly notices.
- Compliance review of ACA and EEOC filings;
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting for audits;
- Assist in the audit of benefit bills and submission for payment;
- Manage the transportation benefit and job postings;
- Reconciliations of benefits;
- Desktop procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years equivalent experience.
- PHR or SPHR with HRCI or SHRM
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite), especially intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently and with diverse group of people.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others. Year-end boxing of old employee documents.
General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to be considered. No exception.
This is a part-time, full-year position. 20-30 hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: