We're hiring a General Manager! The General Manager maintains accountability for the efficient and profitable operation of their Sardi’s location. They consistently delivery “impeccable service” to our guests; provide food of highest quality with great flavors and great value; leadership and development of team members; create and maintain an environment of trust, credibility, and respect. The General Manager routinely exercises independent judgement and discretionary powers in their day-to-day performance of job duties. They ensure Sardi’s policies and procedures are implemented and maintained in a consistent manner.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES PEOPLE: The GM is responsible for demonstrating an understanding the key to guest and team member satisfaction including excellent people management skills
- Hires high quality team members who align with Sardi’s core values
- Works effectively with recruiting, training, and HR personnel to accomplish store-level “team member goals.”
- Ensures team members are selected and properly trained to deliver impeccable guest service.
- Develops team members by effectively coaching performance; recommends promotions
- Holds team members, managers and self-accountable for methods, standards, and results
- Ensures effective team practices at the store level through use of appropriate discipline, coaching, and rewards.
PRODUCTS: The GM is responsible for setting the highest store-level standards of performance against the established operational guidelines of Sardi’s
- Ensures all team members follow established guidelines for product quality, availability, and excellence
- Ensures all service procedures are followed and friendliness standards are met
- Full accountability for inventory, ordering, and receiving; ensures maximize product quality and availability
PLACE: The GM is responsible for creating the special atmosphere of Sardi’s, where guests feel at home and team member love to come to work
- Utilizes feedback tools to direct the efforts of the team (guest feedback, etc.)
- Spend the majority of his/her time in the “front of the house” interacting with team members and guests
- Follows and ensures prescribed facility cleanliness, maintenance, and safety practices
- Gets to know the neighborhood and takes an active interest in the community, its people, and events
- Provides leadership to team members and managers that generates an atmosphere where people strive to exceed expectations
- Maintains a labor schedule that meets guest demand
PROFIT: The GM is responsible for maximizing the financial management of their location through effective management of people, products, place, and profit.
- Effectively manages and budgets to control cash flow, revenue growth, food cost, labor cost, and other operating expenses
- Maintains integrity of food cost management systems; performs weekly inventory and verifies accuracy of all numbers submitted. Responsible for accuracy of all food and beverage orders, ensures accurate receipt of delivery
- Executes all marketing initiatives thoroughly to include effective use of marketing materials and direction from the Director of Marketing
- Supports the implementation of L.S.M. programs as developed by the marketing coordinator, including providing staff, support, and products for promotional events
Why work with us? We offer great benefits to our team members including:
- PTO- Paid Time Off
- Free meals
- Health Insurance contribution
- Holiday Pay Weekly Pay
Sardi’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Sardi’s complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Sardi’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Disclaimer - Sardi's values diversity among our team members and the unique perspective this brings to the Company Disclaimer - It is unlawful in Maryland to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not exceeding $100.
- Minimum High School Diploma. College degree HIGHLY preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience in the food service industry, hospitality industry, or retail industry. Management experience must include responsibility for complete business unit operations. Must be at least 21 years old.
- Experience compiling, preparing, and maintaining operational P&L statements, budgets, and cost controls.
- Basic knowledge of PC functions in order to prepare various computerized store reports.
- Applied experience handling OSHA, EEOC, FLMA, FLSA, and Health Department matters.
- Certified to meet state safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to read, apply, and communicate company materials (recipes, charts, employment/training materials, etc.) printed in English.
- Ability to effectively manage, develop, and coach team members.
- Ability to maintain stationary position (e.g. standing) for extended periods of time – constantly
- Ability to move around the store to attend to the needs of guests and team members – constantly
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to shelves and to cabinets above and below counter height – frequently
- Ability to position self to reach items under counter height – occasionally
- Ability to tolerate exposure to commercial cleaning solvents – frequently
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds – frequently