Student Trainee (Program Assistant) Pathways Internship Opportunity
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Internship Program:
- Student must be accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree, GED, or certificate program on a full- or half-time basis as defined by the school of attendance. Certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum;
- Enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as high school or state-approved home school; or accredited technical or vocational school; a two- or four-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school or medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum; and
- Students currently enrolled must be in good academic standing, maintaining a 2.0 grade point average on a cumulative basis.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position by the closing date of the announcement.
You are required to show proof of enrollment in a qualified degree/diploma program by the closing of this announcement. Failure to provide adequate scholastic documentation within the specified timeframe will disqualify you from further consideration.
To qualify for this position, your resume and documentation must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume id key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work/education experience.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
For this position, you MUST meet ONE of the following criteria:
GS-01: Enrollment in high school diploma or GED program
GS-02: High school diploma or equivalent
GS-03: Completion of one (1) academic year of post high school study
GS-04: Completion of two (2) academic years of post high school study or Associates degree
GS-05: Completion of four (4) academic years of post high school leading to a Bachelor degree or equivalent degree
GS-07: Completion of one (1) full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a Bachelor degree
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave is earned.
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/
Some positions are covered by a Bargaining Unit.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-07 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "Regulatory/Administrative" approval. Promotion to the next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required and on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against the qualifications as defined in the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement and your responses to the assessment questions.
You will be further evaluated/rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions to determine your competency in the following:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the assessment questionnaires. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance:
- Veterans , i.e. (VEOA, VRA, and 30% or more disabled) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) - https://www.ihs.gov/jobs/supporting-documents/permanentDocs/ctap.doc
- Interagency Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/
- Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/hiring/
Click here to view vacancy questions:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10186129 . All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date of 05/02/2018, to be considered. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation