Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Developing, defining, managing and documenting IT projects specific to cybersecurity; AND
- Overseeing performance and risk mitigations relating to IT projects specific to cybersecurity; AND
- Developing, implementing and interpreting metrics for the evaluation of cybersecurity programs; AND
- Participating in making decisions and recommendations influencing IT/cybersecurity policies and programs.
- Experience with project management such as; project management/planning tools and standards, coordinating project resources, and dealing with executives;
- Effectively communicating performance and risk mitigations relating to IT projects specific to cybersecurity; AND
- Capturing data or producing metrics used to evaluate cybersecurity programs; AND
- Making recommendations influencing IT/cybersecurity policies and programs.
- Participating in the execution of IT projects specific to cybersecurity, such as the end-to-end process of obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO) or equivalent, OR participating in the end-to-end process of conducting a system security assessment; AND
- Reviewing and/or applying policies, regulations, standards, and/or mandates required to ensure secure operation of an information system; AND
- Applying the principles of risk management in accordance with the frameworks of industry or international standards; AND
- Communicating technical and non-technical information to a mixture of audiences (including executives, senior official, and/or management teams).
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Administrative Management, Project Management, and Communication.
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.