Collaboration Requirements Analyst
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS- 12) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. Specialized experience is defined as using the principles and practices of information management services to improve collaboration across multiple groups.
Examples of specialized experience include: Implementing policy and developing and implementing collaborative technologies focusing on bringing personnel together in collaboration social media tools and wikis. Researching and analyzing collaboration tools and technologies capable of allowing thousands of users the capabilities to start on line groups, post blogs and general questions, collaborate around documents and generally connect with others in their career fields. Providing recommendations on the technical direction impacting future collaboration technologies.
For the GS-14:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS- 13) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as using information technology tools and techniques to develop and administer a collaboration program designed to increase users and usage of collaboration tools.
Examples of specialized experience include: Developing policy and developing and implementing collaborative technologies focusing on bringing personnel together in collaboration social media tools and wikis. Researching and analyzing collaboration tools and technologies capable of allowing thousands of users the capabilities to start on line groups, post blogs and general questions, collaborate around documents and generally connect with others in their career fields. Providing recommendations on the technical direction impacting future collaboration technologies.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For entry at the GS-13 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-12 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
For entry at the GS-14 level, status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-13 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.opm.gov/employment_and_benefits/employeesupport2.asp
You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY NOT be authorized.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position.This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Cost Estimation and Analysis
- Decision Support
- Information Management
- Technical Competence
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10155861 Read more Security clearance Secret