Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
4 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel is required once a month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- All supplemental documentation MUST BE received by the closing date.
- Meet all time-in-grade and qualification requirements outlined in this vacancy by the closing date
- Incumbent must be able to obtain/maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to testing for illegal drug use. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass or refusal to take subsequent tests could result in non-selection or disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
- Only experience obtained at the time of the application will be considered, however, you can update your resume and application submission at any time during the opening period of this vacancy announcement.
- Incumbent will be required to submit a OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report form, prior to appointment to this position. For additional information, please visit the Office of Government Ethics.
- A preliminary background check may be completed before a new employee can begin work. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
1. Experience in applying the principles, theories and techniques of computer science, software engineering, hardware design, information systems security principles and concepts; infrastructure protection environment; interrelationships of multiple information discipline; current and emerging national and Departmental cyber security policies.
2. Experience in reviewing contractor or vendor's proposals, specifications, and technical information in all areas of cyber security.
3. Experience in applying the results of site inputs and projected requirements to support the EM technological enhancements to enhance the cyber security positions within sites and across EM infrastructure.
GS-5 through GS-15 (or equivalent): For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Knowledge of the theories, concepts principles, and techniques of computer science, software engineering, hardware design, information systems security and practices pertaining to cyber security.
2. Skills in applying the theoretical foundations of computer silence, including computer system architecture system software organization, high speed systems, data structures, data acquisition, and communications.
3. Knowledge in software engineering concepts and principles including development of life cycle components.
4. Ability to manage classified and unclassified networks.
5. Skill in managing classified and unclassified networks.
6. Knowledge of national cyber security requirements including experience with developing cyber security architecture and submitting FISMA data.
7. Skills in national cyber security requirements including experience with developing cyber security architecture and submitting FISMA data.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: http://www.usajobs.gov/raps
Veterans Information: http://www.usajobs.gov/vi
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.