Course Scheduling Assistant
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleCourse Scheduling Assistant
Job Description SummaryOnline applications must be received by Thursday, May 3, 2018
Montgomery College, Germantown Campus, Office of Enrollment Services, has need for a full-time Course Scheduling Assistant. The regular work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional nights and weekends. This is a non-exempt, bargaining position. This job is a grade G.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
This position ensures the timely and accurate development, publishing, and maintenance of the credit class schedule for all disciplines in each semester during the academic year. This is completed in collaboration with other course scheduling assistants, the course scheduling manager, and academic departments. This position also provides daily support to responsibilities related to admissions, records, and registration.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop credit class schedules in collaboration with academic department chairs and deans, course scheduling assistants, and the course scheduling manager
- Ensure ongoing accuracy of credit class schedules, from development and publication online, through the advising, registration, cancellation, semester start-up, and final exam periods.
- Analyze the validity of schedule changes and additions; prioritize multiple requests
- Assign classrooms for credit courses and coordinate room needs
- Resolve schedule conflicts and incomplete communications.
- Troubleshoot potential problems and check for errors using a variety of reports. Make changes and corrections as necessary.
- Create and update classes in the student information system and course scheduling system
- Provide information and teach technology to students, the college community, and the public regarding course offerings, room assignments, schedule changes, cancellations, and My MC
- Serve as a customer service representative and information resource in Enrollment Services for students, parents, MC personnel, and the general public seeking information in person, via email, and on the phone about process related to Enrollment Services
- Process paper and online applications for admission to the College. Admit students, determine residency status and assessment testing requirements, make individual decisions for students who are minors or have not completed high school. Explain testing, enrollment steps, and payment procedures.
- Register students for credit courses. Make decisions on requests for waiver of standard procedures of fee. Explain tuition and fee costs.
- Act as a resource for information about state and college policies and procedures, FERPA, class schedules, and processes related to Enrollment Services. Interpret and release information from student academic records, include the release of official transcripts, in accordance with College policies and procedures, relevant state and federal laws, and FERPA. Maintain the integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality of students' educational records.
- Answer student inquiries via phone, email, and in-person on a daily basis. Refer students to associated forms and procedures. Process admissions-related documents submitted by students. Process enrollment verifications, outgoing transcripts, disability for tuition waiver forms, permission to enroll, student information changes, and declaration of/change in program of study.Collect forms for processing by others.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two years of general office experience that includes at least one year of admissions, records, and registration experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with a student information system
- Experience with reporting and scanning programs/software
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures as they relate to Admissions requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in the provision of effective customer service
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Associate's degree
- Two or more years of experience working in admissions, records, and/or registration
- Ability to navigate a Student Information System (Banner), Crystal Reports, and Image Now
- Three years of experience working with a student information system
- Ability to apply and understand the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Experience working with multiple levels of data to build detailed reports
- Ability to problem solve, using critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural setting
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Online applications must be received by May 3, 2018.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateThursday, May 3, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.