The Manager, Conferences is a contributing member of the Marketing and Communications team, and works closely with the Sales and Product Management teams. The Manager directs and coordinates all aspects of CAQH participation in external industry conferences, including management of a cross-department Conference Committee, presentation proposal process, and exhibit activities. The Manager also handles all aspects of CAQH Solution User Conferences, including program planning and coordination, outreach and logistics coordination.
Industry Conference Management
- Understands the strategic promotional needs of CAQH, its Solutions, CAQH CORE and other initiatives. Researches and suggests relevant conference presentation, exhibit and attendance opportunities based on that strategic direction.
- Develops an annual conference participation plan, working with members of the cross-initiative Conference Committee that includes representatives from the Sales and Product (Solutions) departments. Works with team to make recommendations on which conferences to attend and level of participation. Presents recommendations to CAQH Executive Team on a quarterly basis for review and approval.
- Manages the activities of the cross-initiative Conference Committee. In monthly meetings, provides information to team members about new opportunities and past participation. Develops lists of action items for committee members and other staff, and follows up to ensure completion. Reviews results to create metrics for future evaluation, including coordination with Sales Manager and Salesforce reporting.
- Maintains the detailed CAQH conference database, which includes strategic intent of each conference for CAQH, as well as all details for conference (e.g., dates, location, budget, speaking proposals submitted and status, sponsorship, exhibiting, promotional opportunities, CAQH attendees and information from event debriefs).
- Coordinates the presentation process. Works with the Conference Committee to identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities. Drafts and submits proposals and session descriptions; also assists appropriate CAQH staff in developing session proposals. Works with presenters to ensure timely submission of speaker agreements, bios and presentations. Ensures speaker is prepared with specific presentation details: audience makeup and size, room location, A/V logistics, etc. Maintain an electronic CAQH library of presentation content.
- Manages conference/trade show exhibit preparation activities. Tracks deadlines and manages necessary internal reminders for all conference logistics. Manages all contracts and payments with conference organizers. Works with attending CAQH Sales staff to determine appropriate materials to send, and making minor content and graphic modifications as needed for specific audiences. Works with Communications Assistant and shipping carriers to ship appropriate materials and exhibit to-and-from show site, and order equipment and services for the CAQH exhibit booth.
- Manages CAQH exhibit booths. As needed, works with CAQH Sales leadership to develop new exhibit booths (e.g., large and tabletop), and/or new panels for the existing booths. Maintains current exhibit booths to ensure all elements are in working order. Works with Sales team and other attendees to ensure booth is fully staffed.
- Coordinates conference promotion. In concert with the Marketing Managers and Sales team, develops campaigns to promote attendance at CAQH presentations and exhibit booth. Includes planning client events and receptions at some conferences, determining promotional items for the booth, executing direct mail and email promotional campaigns. Works with Sr. Associate, Communications to determine and execute trade media and social media opportunities.
- Develops metrics for conference activities to determine participation, impact and ROI. Works with the Sales Manager to utilize Salesforce system data to track relationship between conferences, expenditures and Solutions sales, as appropriate. Utilizes that information in ongoing recommendations with Conference Committee for future event participation.
CAQH-Sponsored Conference Management
- Manages the development, hosting and logistics for several CAQH Solutions User Conferences each year (estimate 2-3 conferences annually @ 50 – 200 attendees). Works in concert with the Product Managers and CAQH leadership to determine content topics, agenda and speakers. Develops a detailed plan and timeline to ensure timely execution of all activities. Works with the Account Management team to extend invitations to CAQH participating organizations. Sets up registration system and tracks registration.
- Manages all conference logistics, including hotel selection and venue coordination, meeting room needs and setup, A/V needs, product demo set-ups, meals and receptions. Manages budget and contracts in consultation with CAQH legal counsel.
- Coordinates speaker engagement, including working with CAQH staff to extend invitations to speakers, draft language to use in communications to speakers, ensure presentations are being developed in a timely manner, review and assist with revision to meet CAQH PowerPoint branding standards, coordinate speaker A/V needs and travel reimbursement.
- Prepares all materials and manages on-site logistics. Working with a graphic designer – and in consultation with CAQH staff and leadership - develops conference materials, including designed and printed agendas, signage and attendee gifts as appropriate. Works with the Communications Assistant to prepare day-of materials such as nametags, name placards, attendee lists. Staffs the registration table with the Communications Assistant, and handles all conference issues that arise.
- None, but will work with the Communications Assistant to support external conference research and logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities. Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility. Ability to motivate CAQH colleagues to complete required collaborative tasks to achieve results. Experience in promoting and driving collaboration with internal team and external partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Advanced PowerPoint skills.
- Six to nine years of progressively responsible experience in conference coordination for an organization, ideally related to health or information technology.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Percent of Travel
Up to 10% of travel may be required.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- TM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.