3 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 nights a month maximum
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 Eastern Time on 04/24/2018
Basic Requirement: Applicants must meet one of the following.
A. Possess a bachelor's degree in accounting, or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
B. Possess at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. Your background must also include one of the following: 1) Twenty-four semester hours in accounting courses of appropriate type and quality (This can include up to 6 hours of business law); 2) A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or 3) Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement above, provided that (a) you have successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors have determined that you have demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described above, and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, your education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Minimum Qualifications: In addition to the above basic requirement, applicants must also meet the following:
GS-12 Possess one or more years of specialized work experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service, performing the following duties:
- Resolving abnormal amounts and inconsistencies in the General Ledger accounts, including cash discrepancies;
- Coordinating with other divisions and branches to conduct audit remediation activities;
- Conducting testing to ensure account balances are correct; and
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of account relationships on the general ledger (i.e. Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers).
- Researching and analyzing accounting laws, regulations, policies, or procedures to prepare summaries, recommendations, or guidance for management use;
- Drafting accounting summaries, recommendations, or guidance for management use;
- Advising management in solving accounting operations issues;
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of account relationships on the general ledger (i.e. Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers); AND
- Developing initiatives to increase success of corporate accounting operations
Background Investigation: To ensure the accomplishment of its mission, the Department of Agriculture requires each and every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully complete a background investigation for Suitability as a condition of placement in this Non-Sensitive level position. This review includes financial issues such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specialized in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA). See: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
- Special Hiring Authorities Information: Individuals under the Veterans' Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans, Military Spouses, Certain Former Overseas Employees, and Schedule A Disabled may be considered under special hiring authorities. For more information see: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Special_Hiring_Options
- Career Transition Assistance Plan/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP/ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP/ICTAP eligible, see http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, surplus or displaced Federal employee must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors, and be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- This position may be eligible for telework within the commuting area of the duty location of the position. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- If contacted for an interview, applicants must be available within 3 business days.
- Applicants who receive a tentative job offer will have 2 business days to respond.
- This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications and required documentation (see below) will be reviewed to determine if applicants meet eligibility and job requirements. Any submitted documents not required or requested for this vacancy will not be considered (i.e. training certificates, writing samples, case filings, letter of recommendations, etc.). Qualified applicants will then be rated on the quality of experience, education, and training they possess relevant to the duties of the position and the extent applicants possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (or competencies):Economics and Accounting, Oral Communication, Problem Solving, and Writing
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. Your ratings in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Attempts to falsify information, inflate your qualifications or provide inaccurate information on federal documents may be grounds to adjust your rating or to not select you. Errors, omissions or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may affect your eligibility. If selected, providing inaccurate information on federal documents could also be grounds for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please follow all instructions carefully.