Acquisition Project Manager
Occasional travel - May be required to travel CONUS and OCONUS in military or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- Superior Academic Achievement does not apply to DCIPS positions.
Specialized experience required for this position is:
- Applies Program Management skills to the research, strategic development, production, and support of architecture and frameworks for overhead reconnaissance ground and IT software subsystems or equipment.
- Manages cost, schedule and performance of major contracts to develop, deliver, and sustain ground and communication components that support spacecraft hardware and mission software applications.
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community and DoD laws, principles, policies and practices of system acquisition and program management.
- Administers program management skills to multi-million dollar space ground systems acquisition
- Plans and coordinates with a wide range of government, military, and functional specialist, including contracting, engineering, manufacturing program control, configuration/data management, test, logistics and operations support to ensure program objectives.
- Organizational Awareness
- Engineering & Technology
- Contracting and Acquisition
- Project/Program Management
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
All current and former civilian Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive); or similar Notification of Personnel Action documentation, i.e., Transcript of Service, Form 1150, etc.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at the time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Please review the General Application Information and Definitions at:
- Applicants selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two-year trial period.
- If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS Excepted Service positions.
- If selected, NON-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge in writing that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
- Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
- All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.